Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Can you say redline? [emoji848]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I can say redline! Lol. My point from a market ing strategy is amsoil could have served two target markets and not loose customers like yourself. The strategy they chose concedes a portion of the market to redline.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Btw guys, there is a fairly recent thread, Chrysler warranty..., Where a Chrysler tech states that the lifter, valve cam lobe issue is caused by a mfg defect of the lobe itself. IMHO, if this is true, it really won't matter what oil we choose to use as oil can't undo a defective mfg process. In this case, it won't make a soft metal harder.
Thank you very helpful. (Chinese metal/vendors)

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Here's the problem, the rollers are getting smashed in many of the lob wipes. That is indicative to much stress on the lift, as in there is too much down-force on the lifter. Will a different oil help this, maybe not? If it happens to you look at the best hardest cam you can find and after market lifters. Have we heard of the best replacement option on these? Moes got something that is an upgrade?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Well if it is a defect, how about expended a warranty on it. FCA will loose many customers on this 1. And I call ******** anyway, why are our trucks ticking? they are full of ****.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can say redline! Lol. My point from a market ing strategy is amsoil could have served two target markets and not loose customers like yourself. The strategy they chose concedes a portion of the market to redline.
Didn't actually lose me, just cut my consomsion some.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I don't know that they are conceding anything, we are in a bubble over here, I'm sure the general oil consumers believe everything they here from the marketing. So when something in the marketing lands with their values, they could care less into researching further. It is just freaks like us that bother wasting our energy on it.

But no doubt Amsoil should be marketing their high moly and pao base if that was it is as an improvement over the otc stuff, because it is. With the newest specs it will be harder to stand out, this I promise you.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it has to do with their target group. Redline has always been known as a high performance oil, not generally marketed towards the general public, but yet they come out with an OE line to get into the general public market. Amsoil has always been marketed towards the general public, more mileage between oil changes, they have a ton of speciality oils but their primary focus has been general public. Not that either one of them is wrong, just what business model and market do you want to go after.

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Blackstone Labs will send you a free sample kit , just contact them .

I have about 12 kits now they have sent me for free .
I'll send you one sir , on my dime if you want ? Just PM me your address , I will not pay the cost of the UOA That's on you[emoji106] , but I'd like to see your results on the Motul [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
It has been a month now and still no sample kit from Blackstone :( Do it usually take long time to get a kit? Maby try to order another kit!!?
What do you guys say?

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Dang, a guy puts in an honest day's work and he misses 10 pages of oil stuff. This has got to stop. The working part, I mean. Too much good stuff to reply to and still so much to do tomorrow, so I'm just going to sit here and drink beer for a jag.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
It has been a month now and still no sample kit from Blackstone :( Do it usually take long time to get a kit? Maby try to order another kit!!?
What do you guys say?
I'm sure they have fluid testing labs in Sweden, don't they? Industries use them much more than us oil nerds. You could ask a company around there that manufactures or farms or constructs, or... There may be some conversion involved, but that's no biggie.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Has anyone ever heard of or seen the tailgate filler plate that supposedly comes with every Ram to facilitate tailgate removal? I have not. It's in this vid.

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
I'm sure they have fluid testing labs in Sweden, don't they? Industries use them much more than us oil nerds. You could ask a company around there that manufactures or farms or constructs, or... There may be some conversion involved, but that's no biggie.
I'm guessing so, but for you all in here I thought I do the same kind of test you are doing.

Instead of trying to convert every detail from metric or some other measuring thing that is different here ;)

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can we post a fine chick like once a day up here, nothing like a chick like that bringing us together. Until we fight over her that is.
Make sure you read the paragraph [emoji16]
7af575fb00b94172981e8f6263fd8735.jpg

yortnodnarb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone ever heard of or seen the tailgate filler plate that supposedly comes with every Ram to facilitate tailgate removal? I have not. It's in this vid.

Like a lot of things it probably was included at one point in time til some bean counter deemed it not profitable to include. Why give it for free with your $40k+ truck, when they can charge you $50 for it as an accessory part.

About the only trucks I could see getting them are the snow plow prep packages to facilitate bed mounted salt spreaders???

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What do you guys say?
Maybe give Blackstone a shout to make sure they sent it out , or try someone local ...

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Btw guys, there is a fairly recent thread, Chrysler warranty..., Where a Chrysler tech states that the lifter, valve cam lobe issue is caused by a mfg defect of the lobe itself. IMHO, if this is true, it really won't matter what oil we choose to use as oil can't undo a defective mfg process. In this case, it won't make a soft metal harder.
******* this **** has apparently been going on in the manufacturing process since 2009 when the Eagle came out! How hard would it be to make a more robust cam and better lifters? I would be willing to pay a couple more bucks for better materials. Hell my old 2001 Silverado with the weakass 4.8 is about to hit 200K miles and it had some of the absolute worst oil change history from 70K-159K that you have ever seen in your life. My sister owned it then and I bet the oil was only changed 3 or 4 times and with Jiffy Lube ******** at that. Sold it to a buddy at 169K that I keep in regular touch with and its still going strong. Oh and I used Valvoline Maxlife ATF when I changed the fluid and filter at 50K and 159K and that tranny is still going strong. Most 4l60e's would have took a dump by now.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Make sure you read the paragraph emoji16.png
7af575fb00b94172981e8f6263fd8735.jpg

Paragraph
Here's the problem, the rollers are getting smashed in many of the lob wipes. That is indicative to much stress on the lift, as in there is too much down-force on the lifter. Will a different oil help this, maybe not? If it happens to you look at the best hardest cam you can find and after market lifters. Have we heard of the best replacement option on these? Moes got something that is an upgrade?

You could be right, but to me, that seems to easy an issue for the engineers to fix. My opine is it is a quality control issue or every hemi would be having the lifter/cam issue.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I am not defending Mopar in any way, but just google "soft cam chevy" and read a while. There were zillions of them. I owned an 82 C30 rollback with a well maintained 454 that ate a cam at @70K. When I was helping my buddy at his machine shop years ago, most of the failures on roller cam engines were related to failure of the bearing in the roller lifter which would eat the cam up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye