Votes: 396 14.3%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 992 35.9%
  • Other

Votes: 660 23.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Fluid filmed the truck today, I was way more impressed this time then the last time I used it. It stuck real nice and was a breeze to apply. I just used one can, and one can with do a bang up job on any truck imo. My only regret was not getting a couple cans at that 10 dollar price, now it is 13 bucks a can. Also, bent my rhino ramps a bit, so just a warning on that, you really need to center your wheels, if you are on the edge, it will bend. Now, I don't think there is much a risk of total collapse, as the centers are really beefed up, but I will make sure I am 100% center from now on. Used them many many times, never an issue til today.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Fluid filmed the truck today, I was way more impressed this time then the last time I used it. It stuck real nice and was a breeze to apply. I just used one can, and one can with do a bang up job on any truck imo. My only regret was not getting a couple cans at that 10 dollar price, now it is 13 bucks a can. Also, bent my rhino ramps a bit, so just a warning on that, you really need to center your wheels, if you are on the edge, it will bend. Now, I don't think there is much a risk of total collapse, as the centers are really beefed up, but I will make sure I am 100% center from now on. Used them many many times, never an issue til today.

The entire undercarriage of the truck with one can....? I usually use a full gallon on just the undercarriage. Thats absolutely everything under the truck. And then a few cans for touchup, inside the doors, hood... yada yada all that stuff.

But I literally do every possible thing.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I did just about everything except the fuel tank and the exhaust. I'm sure guys that live in salt states use the gallon size and their own sprayer, and I'm sure that is a thicker coat. However, I doubt using two cans would do much more then one, I'm not sure how thick you could get the canned stuff. As for the bottom of the body, IDK what that is aluminum? I mean there is zero rust on the bottom of the body, and in some spots there is a sound proofing type thing there, like custom tin foil or something. I didn't see any need to spray that, so the entire frame and all of the hanging junk and nuts and bolts.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did my truck with spray cans last year and I went through 6 cans. But that was using the 360* wand to get inside the frame, rockers, etc which eats through those cans quick.

This year I bought the kit with the gun and all the attachments. Took 2/3 of a gallon but I saturated the undercarriage of my truck.

Anyways, everywhere I had applied it last year there was still remnants of it with the exception of the wheel well lips and the frame right next to the front wheels which is understandable. So far I;m pretty happy with FF. I refuse to have my truck rot out because everyone panics when theres a flurry in the air and they throw down rock salt:flipthebird:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
For guys who don't want to put a lot of effort or money into this but wouldn't mind a little protection going into winter, I would really recommend the can. And most importantly use safety glasses that fit tight or googles.

I defer to Corey, I'm sure his info is more accurate then mind on this, as I do not live in snow state and don't put much thought into it.

Last edited:

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I did just about everything except the fuel tank and the exhaust. I'm sure guys that live in salt states use the gallon size and their own sprayer, and I'm sure that is a thicker coat. However, I doubt using two cans would do much more then one, I'm not sure how thick you could get the canned stuff. As for the bottom of the body, IDK what that is aluminum? I mean there is zero rust on the bottom of the body, and in some spots there is a sound proofing type thing there, like custom tin foil or something. I didn't see any need to spray that, so the entire frame and all of the hanging junk and nuts and bolts.

Gotcha. Dont forget to pull the plugs on the doors and use this.:happy107:

https://www.amazon.com/Fluid-Film-Spray-Extension-Wand/dp/B00CLUGXFI

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used a full gallon to do my new truck. Could have used some more I think (first time Ive used it, wasnt exactly "efficient" with where I ended up spraying it the whole time)

After having the bed rot out on my '01 Frontier, I at least learned where the sore spots are and applied that knowledge the to RAM: inside and around the bed braces (underneath the bed), above and around the fuel tank, in and over the wheel wells, any bracket holding cables, fuel lines, etc. the brake and fuel lines themselves, etc. Basically anything underneath there should get sprayed IMHO.

I may order a few smaller cans of the stuff I used so I can go back and hit some of the spots that are easier to get to (mostly the brake and fuel lines that I might not have covered the best).

But Im estimating after the initial application using a whole gallon, going forward on a yearly basis I can probably get away with less.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Alot of guys ask about oil pressure with 30w, So I took pictures of my oil pressure and the rest at running speed and at idle.

Redline 5w30 and a Royal Purple filter.

Attachments

• 20171023_152922.jpg
    20171023_152922.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 20171023_152311.jpg
    20171023_152311.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 34

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I get some pictures together of the undercarriage of my truck I'm going to start a thread showing where I think should be hit with Fluid Film or equivalent.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I used a full gallon to do my new truck. Could have used some more I think (first time Ive used it, wasnt exactly "efficient" with where I ended up spraying it the whole time)

After having the bed rot out on my '01 Frontier, I at least learned where the sore spots are and applied that knowledge the to RAM: inside and around the bed braces (underneath the bed), above and around the fuel tank, in and over the wheel wells, any bracket holding cables, fuel lines, etc. the brake and fuel lines themselves, etc. Basically anything underneath there should get sprayed IMHO.

I may order a few smaller cans of the stuff I used so I can go back and hit some of the spots that are easier to get to (mostly the brake and fuel lines that I might not have covered the best).

But Im estimating after the initial application using a whole gallon, going forward on a yearly basis I can probably get away with less.

If you're planning on doing the entire undercarriage and you live in a salt area I would just assume a full gallon every year.

And if you're spraying it with the spraygun it makes it much easier if you warm it. I use a propane burner outside that's used for canning. Pour it in an old aluminum pot and set it on the lowest possible setting. Needs to be just warmed not hot.

It will spray much easier and seep into cracks in crevices much better.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
New Murph video on youtube.

It's about playing music......

[yt]Y2gN81wYfyI[/yt]

This song is ******* awesome. Could pertain to so many different individuals in different ways. Great job Murphyslaw.

Ill buy an album.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Alot of guys ask about oil pressure with 30w, So I took pictures of my oil pressure and the rest at running speed and at idle.

Redline 5w30 and a Royal Purple filter.
This is pretty close to what my oil pressure is with Redline 5W-30 with the RP10-48.

My pressures was a few psi higher but my oil temps are usually about 10°f cooler , so just about the same for me as well [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
RLK, I was thinking my oil temp was alittle higher than I remember seeing what is yours normally. ?
Just wondering if my temps are high amd wondering why..as you can see it was only 66* out.
thoughts

Last edited: