Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe RLK should consider somthing with better flow for the old pump... maybe 5w20 PUP. That stuff will flow with amazing ease. Or he could be our 0w16 ginny pig we have been looking for!

I’ll call the doctor and update him.
Ha ha , no 20 or 16 wt for me LOL !!

Thanks for all ..Headed in now .
If y'all don't hear from me by 2pm , something went terribly wrong [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JSVT3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wish me luck fellas I'm headed in to get my heart worked on this morning.
First up is a Cardian Catherization for the dye injection to locate the blockage or blockages then they determine if a stent or stents should be installed or not ...

My pump just isn't moving the fluids like it use to ...

Good luck bud! They'll get you fixed up in now time.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
At 2:05 we are all going to start freaking out because Ronnie forgot to let us know he was ok.:favorites13:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Good luck brother...

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Agreed. That's why the '18s have 4G AT&T.

It would be nice if they would upgrade the rest of us to these improved / additional options. Tv manufacturers do it all the time with fixes or improved options. They let you download the new firmware and install it, why not do that with our Rams?

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
It would be nice if they would upgrade the rest of us to these improved / additional options. Tv manufacturers do it all the time with fixes or improved options. They let you download the new firmware and install it, why not do that with our Rams?

The '18s have an entirely different system, made by Panasonic vs the current Harmon model. Different processor/memory architecture. Kind of like Mac vs PC. It's not possible to upgrade firmware. The new ones also have Android Auto and Apple Carplay integrated. My wife's new car has that and it almost improves the overall driving experience enough to make me want to get a new truck.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wish me luck fellas I'm headed in to get my heart worked on this morning.
First up is a Cardian Catherization for the dye injection to locate the blockage or blockages then they determine if a stent or stents should be installed or not ...

My pump just isn't moving the fluids like it use to ...

Good luck. Hope you're more fortunate than I was.

I had stents in 2005. Well last may I had more blockages so I went in for more stents, at least thats what I thought. Wound up getting my chest cracked open and a triple bypass.
Thats how I wound up in this forum. I decided for once that I deserved a treat and I would get the new vehicle instead of my wife so I bought the Ram.

So the moral of the story is treat yourself to something new when you get home.:happy107:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I guess all this heart surgery stuff is moderately more scary then hemi tick.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Amsoil site says:

"Amid pressure from original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), the American Petroleum Institute (API) is accelerating the release of a supplemental motor oil specification, API SN Plus, to further address low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI)."

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I'm alive [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
No stents today , looks like I need 4ea stents and a single bypass [emoji36][emoji36] damnit !
There's options I've gotta discusswith my Dr. on Monday , but looks like my chest will be getting cracked open at some point for a bypass ...

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
dang bro, too many nacho's or what? Gotta make some chnages when you get older, trust me I know.

I lost 2 inches to where my pants didn't fit by going on an Avocado diet. Every morning for breakfast I would eat Avocado mashed up with lemon juice with a couple tortilla chips, very important to not eat potato chips but corn flour chips of some kind. That's it, I would eat like normal except that one change and I lost two inches to where my pants where falling off. Let us know when the big day is brother!

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well I'm alive [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
No stents today , looks like I need 4ea stents and a single bypass [emoji36][emoji36] damnit !
There's options I've gotta discusswith my Dr. on Monday , but looks like my chest will be getting gracked open at some point for a bypass ...

RLK sorry to hear, I wish you the best of luck. As I posted a few posts back in response to your notice, I know what you,re going through & what you're about to go through. They may be able to go between the ribs depending on the artery. If they do have to crack you open, it wasn't as bad as I feared so hopefuly you do well too.

Last edited:

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
RLK,

Did they use 0w16 ?

Seriously though, glad your ok

Last edited: