Votes: 396 14.3%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 992 35.9%
  • Other

Votes: 660 23.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
I agree w/Hunter: I almost know for a fact it is a Pennzoil issue! (Production) & (Distribution).
The stores are not to blame.

It is like Shell is teasing us! (The actual owners who know this oil is pretty special).

I just don’t know if there is enough GTL to go around for both PP & PUP? I do know I once heard Shell had begun using the GTL process within the Rotella T6 5W-40. But after contacting the Pennzoil Team @ BITOG: I was instructed this was false info & that the T6 was mostly Group III & PAO.

I still use PUP in all the other family autos. (Through Amazon)
Mostly 10W-30.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Now that I can get PUP on Jet.com, Walmart or Amazon I will use that for all my vehicles. If I can’t get the PUP I’ll settle for QSUD or PP.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeap ordered mine off Amazon.
Was at the dealer today making a delivery and he has mine in. I'll get it in a couple of days, he wasn't having a good day today so I wasn't gonna bother with it. Not gonna need it for awhile yet anyways.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Curious minds never stop. A couple of days ago I believe it was rampant said he could smell the PI in his used oil. If you take a sample of that same oil for a UOA are you really getting an accurate UOA?

A lot of people run a cleaner with PEA a tank or 2 before their oil change... including me. I do see what you are saying here. But how would you seeit in a UOA? Fuel dilution? drop in TBN and clacium. Possibly even boron, lowered flash point, lowerd viscosity...?

But how much?

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
Here's something to ponder....

So I got my PUP from WalMart today, sit down in my chair and the the News has a story about counterfeit goods being sold online at Walmart, Amazon, and such.

Fake Yeti cups, all kinds of ****.

What are the odds my Pennzoil is Fake ? How do you know?

Anybody know how to read the codes on the bottles?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A lot of people run a cleaner with PEA a tank or 2 before their oil change... including me. I do see what you are saying here. But how would you seeit in a UOA? Fuel dilution? drop in TBN and clacium. Possibly even boron, lowered flash point, lowerd viscosity...?

But how much?
Good point , sometimes I use an extra RL S-1 during an oci ...wonder if this is spiking any of my #'s on my UOA's. ??? I have no way of telling , as I've used the RL. S-1. for so long I'm sure I've used it prior to and in between all of my UOA's ...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI

So I got my PUP from WalMart today, sit down in my chair and the the News has a story about counterfeit goods being sold online at Walmart, Amazon, and such.

Maybe a “qr” code scanner on your phone

Scan the barcode

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Funny you say that ...just today a co-worker was bragging how his wife purchased 12 Yeti cups on Amazon and gave them to her co-workers workers , kids teachers and friends for Christmas gifts ...said she paid about 8$ for each ??? Hmmmmmm?

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A lot of people run a cleaner with PEA a tank or 2 before their oil change... including me. I do see what you are saying here. But how would tou see it in a UOA? Fuel dilution? drop in TBN and clacium. Possibly even boron, lowered flash point, lowerd viscosity...?

But how much?
I've always heard that you should run it just before you're oil change because it gets in you're oil. Now I always did run any cleaner before changing oil just because of that, not that I had any proof, just going by what I read. Since I don't smell my old oil never really thought about it too much, but if you can smell it in you're oil it must mean something's there. Now how much and to what degree it actually affects you're UOA was kinda my question. I was kinda wandering if the residual pea in the oil would be like a flush and clean oil side of engine also. Could be why some have way different wear numbers running same oil. I don't know, like I said, curious mind.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Maybe get a “fumoto” (or whatever its called) and fill up your sample bottle before putting in your PEA.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^That post could be taken a completely different direction... LOL
Does Blackstone check the temperature?

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe get a “fumoto” (or whatever its called) and fill up your sample bottle before putting in your PEA.
Now that would be a perfect excuse to get one.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Speaking of the fumoto oil drain valve, I was talking to this guy at the laundromat who was a car Enthusiast, and he said he would never run something like that on his car that it was just asking for trouble.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Speaking of the fumoto oil drain valve, I was talking to this guy at the laundromat who was a car Enthusiast, and he said he would never run something like that on his car that it was just asking for trouble.

I'd say it would be a specific issue per model that it was installed on. If it turned out to be the lowest part of you're vehicle and subject to getting knocked off, then deffinately an issue.

Reactions: U&A

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Not asking for trouble on a CAR imo if it drives on improved surfaces only ...however , for me and my truck ...I can't run one as I'm on very unimproved surfaces on a regular basis [emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: U&A

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Man this makes me want to buy my Redline directly from Redline.

The nice thing about Amsoil, there's no way for fake Amsoil to be sold unless you get it from eBay or something

EDIT: ok, HARDLY any way to get fake Amsoil...

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man this makes me want to buy my Redline directly from Redline.

The nice thing about Amsoil, there's no way for fake Amsoil to be sold unless you get it from eBay or something
There's always a way ....