Votes: 396 14.3%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 992 35.9%
  • Other

Votes: 660 23.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Already have. Thank you sir. Cast vs steel will be an ongoing argument until the end of man. Just like oil.

Sorry thought I forgot to hit send on my first post.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Does anybody think some version of this oil technology is actually in our future? Dry sump, no oil pan... very interesting.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
My oil oil is better than your oil.

Isn't that what every single person thinks? That is why they use what they use. Easy to see why arguments arise. One thing is for sure, oil is constantly changing, maybe when gf-6 hits it might slow future changes to a minimum, but it seams like the people in charge are determined to **** **** up indefinitely.

Jackasses are pushing 15 and 20k mile oil changes, it is politics and marketing. I guarantee any RF member (who isn't in Amsoils bag) tries to run that **** 25k miles will be long out of tbn. Amsoil doesn't care of TAN levels are ruining your internals. All we need is one Ram Forum member who desires to prove me wrong to pick up some Amsoil and run it 25k miles and do a uoa, lol. If it was a trusted member and not some pathetic shill I would even bet 50 bucks on it. Corey, I'd give you 50 bucks if you run it 20k and send it in. No bet, I trust you, I will just pay for those results. They are LIARS, that oil will not last but 1/2 of what they say.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Does anybody think some version of this oil technology is actually in our future? Dry sump, no oil pan... very interesting.
I personally don't like it. Engine bays will become more cramped, engines will need to be redesigned, a cartridge will have to be made for every vehicle and engine-trans combo... Those things look bulky and therefore your local b&m place might not have the one you need.

And then what about modders? How would someone work something like that into a classic car? Or something that's engine swapped? What if you just wanted more capacity or a bigger filter in your car? Or you wanted to pair 2 of the best products from each sector (oil, and oil filter) that were of different brands or lineups and designs?

Can't do that with some proprietary crap like this, now, could you? Then again, I could see a "build your own oil change cartridge" service or some such allowing you to pick a shell that fits your vehicle and they'll retrofit whatever filter you want and fill it with your oil of choice. For a ridiculous "boutique custom" up charge...

Only thing I can see this invention doing is bringing headaches to normal people, giving the upper crusts more control, and catering to the dumbest common denominator. Not to mention contributing to putting mechanics out of work.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unless I was doing a ton of purely flat terrain highway miles with UOAs every 5000 miles after 10000 miles, I would never go 25000 miles on ANY oil. Yes TBN would probably be ok on SS or maybe even M1 AP, but that doesn't measure soot content. Soot can cause wear and at 20000+ that oil is likely to be black with soot.

Now with bypass filtration, thats a different story...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I encourage anyone to google Amsoil and UOA, the over whelming examples are out or low tbn at 13k. The last SS uoa I looked up they said cut the interval to 12k because at 15 the tbn was blown. And that was with the old higher calcium levels. Can you imagine of that guy went to 25k? With acid eating his metal?

Prove me wrong, try going 25k on ss and do a uoa. Some oil companies have no scruples, they literally don't give a **** if they damage your truck. It isn't just Amsoil neither, freaking Mobil 1 is a disgrace as well. A company that large should know better, but they are selling the world a bunch of who shot john garbage.

The oil companies are telling you what you want to hear, not what you need to hear. The newest facts, new fuels, new info on what high mileage vehicles due to oil intervals, the massive number of new vehicles that have some blow by, all have lowered oci's. Use you google, good uoa and any oil you think can go 25k miles. The overwhelming info is that oil is done at 15k miles. I looked up ten ss uoa's, all shown oil is done well before 15k. whatever, if you want to be a darwin award winner, at least do a uoa at 15k miles. If you are not aware of what acid does to metal, go get some at the swimming pool store and drop a penny in there.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not only that, that's some serious windshield time to do 25000 miles in a year...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yes TBN would probably be ok on SS or maybe even M1 AP,

Now with bypass filtration, thats a different story...

Use your google, ten out of ten you look up the tbn would not have came close to 25k.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Use your google, ten out of ten you look up the tbn would not have came close to 25k.
Yeah I can't even find many that are close to 25k. Most are 8-12k and the tbn is around 2 or 3...

If you want an even harder unicorn to find, try to find a 20k uoa on M1 AP

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah oils that start in the 12tbn's wont make 25k miles when their tbn is at 2 or 3 at 12k miles.

challenge accepted, I might loose this 1.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
I for one do not have a dog in this fight but maybe just maybe one of the true Amsoil diehard believers will step up to the plate within this forum and give the SS oil a test.

Say a 15-20K mile OCI?

Truthfully I can’t see any harm that will be done especially if the product is as advertised!

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Well you were right nobody is stupid enough to run that oil for 20k miles and do a uoa, but I found this. Apparently they thought putting it on a dynometer non stop for 500k at 20k intervals is the same as driving, lol. I swear, people will believe anything these days. Key point, they didn't test tbn. I'm not going to post that tbn **** again, the wear graphs and how much more wear happens, anyone who chooses to run their equipment w/o tbn deserves what they get. Good luck with your warranty against those companies.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I for one do not have a dog in this fight but maybe just maybe one of the true Amsoil diehard believers will step up to the plate within this forum and give the SS oil a test.

Say a 15-20K mile OCI?

Truthfully I can’t see any harm that will be done especially if the product is as advertised!

I trust a few of them, Jeff would be my first choice since Corey is a pass :)

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
100% Correct! Dyno tests are totally false BS compared to Real World driving.

As soon I see Dyno Tested: I Totally ignore the results!

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
The 25k SS claim is done so under ideal conditions. That would be a healthy engine to start with, mostly highway driving, not towing, and all in under a year's time.

If none of the above conditions are met, it drops to 15k. Read their guarantee. It has disclaimers just as any other oil company has.

I ran it 12k+ miles while while towing near my truck's maximum capacity cross country several times in hot and much of it was mountainous conditions. I ended up with a tbn of around 3 and excellent wear numbers. What more could anyone ask for from an oil?

That was just a test to satisfy my own curiousity. Would I do that again? Nope. My curiousity is satisfied. I doubt I'll even run it 10k. Not because I think it'll hurt, but it definitely won't do it any favors... and I actually enjoy changing my oil. Its a new truck, what else can I do?? Haha

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well you were right nobody is stupid enough to run that oil for 20k miles and do a uoa, but I found this. Apparently they thought putting it on a dynometer non stop for 500k at 20k intervals is the same as driving, lol. I swear, people will believe anything these days. Key point, they didn't test tbn. I'm not going to post that tbn **** again, the wear graphs and how much more wear happens, anyone who chooses to run their equipment w/o tbn deserves what they get. Good luck with your warranty against those companies.
I saw that video a while ago and laughed. You can make any vehicle go 500k on any oil under ideal conditions on a Dyno. What a joke.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Actually they did say the tested acidity and tbn in those three test cars, but they were in dynometer, not real world. I think you would have a better chnace at m1 going 20k then amsoil going 25k, but I'd bet anyone they would be out of tbn on either.