Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
On a different note, I'm really digging Chemical Guys Jet Seal. I applied it 2 weeks ago washed it twice before today, trucks been rained on multiple times, and after washing it today it still has that smooth "new wax" feel.

Do you like Chemical Guys stuff? I’m about to venture into this wash/wax world myself and want a quality company to start with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you like Chemical Guys stuff? I’m about to venture into this wash/wax world myself and want a quality company to start with!

It's the first CG product I've used. Previously I've been using Adams H20 Guard n Gloss which I like as well because you can get it on plastic parts. But I went with Jet Seal this time because it's supposedly UV blocking...

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I have thought about trying Topcoat 11, seen alot of good reveiws on it.

How long does the Jet Seal last ?

Really wanting something to put on my new boat when it gets here to keep the lake scrum off it.. lol

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It's the first CG product I've used. Previously I've been using Adams H20 Guard n Gloss which I like as well because you can get it on plastic parts. But I went with Jet Seal this time because it's supposedly UV blocking...

You will have to let us know how it holds up.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have thought about trying Topcoat 11, seen alot of good reveiws on it.

How long does the Jet Seal last ?

Really wanting something to put on my new boat when it gets here to keep the lake scrum off it.. lol
I have some F11, it's ok. I found it doesn't last more than a month but my truck sits outside. It does however work great for a protectant against bugs on the front of your truck. And you can apply it super quick. It does make the paint shine really nice.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
CG and Adam's both make great stuff! It's hard to go wrong with either of them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dam, take a couple hours to mow the yard and missed a couple weeks worth of drama.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wander who the few are that Burla is going to stay in touch with, seems like everyone is pissed off at him.[emoji4]

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've studied tech sheet after tech sheet comparing all the numbers and there's been times that tech sheet wise one oil should perform better than another, but yet it don't. I wander how much variance there is from one batch to the next, assuming that the tech sheet numbers are the target.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't care what you use, redline, Amsoil, M1, Quaker state, Pennzoil, or cooking oil, there's no reason the buch of us can't carry on an adult conversation and learning experience.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Redline is obviously a great product. But other than it's price tag, there's really nothing that makes it stand out in the crowd among many other great products. What background do you come from that gives you the acumen to call anything any mechanic says is ignorant? What is the most amount of miles any hemi has on it since being "fixed" by using redline? What do you consider long term? Since oil really has no shelf life, long term has nothing to do with time in my book. The day one of these "test subject" engines reaches 200k+ miles without a cam/valve train issue, I will gladly eat my words.

There are many hemis out there with more than 200k mi that have never had the tick or an issue without the need for a "special oil". Coincidence? Can you explain that? If not, then why keep throwing blanket statements out there such as "these Hemis need this or that". That is factually incorrect. A healthy hemi doesn't need anything more than any other motor. In reality, it's only a handful in the big scheme of things. Sorry, but it's starting to look like y'all got the Friday afternoon-built motors and started a little club here lol.

Having the ear of a few people on an internet forum does not equate to personal credibility in my book. You should really get out more often. I threw my opinion out there as a lifelong mechanic and enthusiast of all things with an engine, based on many years of experience as a trained professional and generalities known to be true in the profession.

For anyone who has switched to redline after having a bad tick... are you really 100% positive it is "fixed" or do you wince every time you start that thing, wondering if this is going to be the time it ***** the bed? I think it's safe to surmise that some degree of the latter is true. Even if it goes 100k mi, you'll still have it in the back of your mind and will likely have skid marks in your panties when any misfire code pops. A misfire code to a healthy hemi is usually fairly benign; a misfire code to a hemi that has or has had the tick usually means the end of the line. The reason I'd trade a ticker in at the first sign is simple; I refuse to throw large amounts of money toward a young vehicle I don't have confidence in. #imwithshadetossers

Not trying to stir the pot, but there are 2 second gens in my neighborhood that have hemis but sound like diesels. One my fishing buddy owns, used nothing but m1. Has a bit over 200000 miles. Has sounded like this since around 3000 miles. The other, sounds similar. Was bought used with around 90000 miles. Now about 140000 miles. Uses supertech from Wal-Mart. My point is, I am not convinced the hemi tick definitely means the engine is going to grenade. The hemi tick has been around since the reintro f the hemi. Just my 2 cents.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not trying to stir the pot, but there are 2 second gens in my neighborhood that have hemis but sound like diesels. One my fishing buddy owns, used nothing but m1. Has a bit over 200000 miles. Has sounded like this since around 3000 miles. The other, sounds similar. Was bought used with around 90000 miles. Now about 140000 miles. Uses supertech from Wal-Mart. My point is, I am not convinced the hemi tick definitely means the engine is going to grenade. The hemi tick has been around since the reintro f the hemi. Just my 2 cents.
I think it has alot to do with mass production and assembly. If you or I was to build a one off engine every clearance, tolerance, runout, tension, every spec would be checked. In mass production probably 1 of every hundred or more is actually checked, other than that they are just put together. That goes for the heat treatment of of the cams, operation of lifters, length of push rods, everything.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You're not stirring the pot, just providing good info. I've heard many loud ticking Hemi's out there in Chargers, Challengers, and Rams. Pre-Eagle Hemis are especially loud.

Last week I was parked waiting for the wife to run into a store "real quick". I had the windows down and I heard a vehicle pull up near me and I heard that distinct ticking sound. Sure enough it was pre-2012 Ram sounding just like mine did before Redline.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don’t think anyone is trying to stir the pot, or say one way or the other. I think we all have different results with different products.

That fact is, one person believed his way to be better than everyone else’s, and if you didn’t think that way, f you and everything about you, he would stop at nothing to prove you wrong as well.

Amsoil works for me, it hasn’t for others, Redline works for some it hasn’t for others, M1 works for some it hasn’t for others.....etc....etc....etc.

Use what works for you, post your issues/results, maybe you will help someone out!

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yup the GMs especially. Those 5.3s with AFM are notorious for ticking like crazy

LoL yeah GM 5.3’s are noisy ********, so is my Dad’s 6.0. Loud ass valve train.....176,000 and counting, towing his 5th wheel all over the country. He’s changed the fluids and that’s it.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I switched my Explorer 5.0 over to Mobil 1 after it being on QS most all its life and it makes noise on start up it never did before.
Going to switch it over to PUP 0w40 this next change and see if it goes away. Doing pup because of the better wear numbers and cost over RL since this motor has never made noise before.
Wifes Mustang 3.7 is on PUP 5w30 and seems great on it so far.
My truck will stay RL 5w30 or 10w30 unless something shows me different.

Gotta use what works for your motor, they seem to tell you what oil they like and dont..lol