TB & CAI from Moes - Good Choice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Considering 87 mm TB and S&B CAI from Moe's. Already have Diablo Trinity/PCM w/awesome Hemifever tune. Otherwise stock.

Getting into uncharted territory. Can I do better than list for the Moe's TB & CAI? Better alternatives?

Anyone here been there? Would like to hear your experience.

G3SRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
exact same setup, including tune- excellent choice and highly recommended- pair the setup with a high flow muffler and enjoy both performance and sound gains. Regarding shopping experience and cost, Moe's hands down.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great prices, great service, great support and Matt uses the equipment he sells. He also gives accurate advice. Long time vendor on this site.
Jay

ramboy345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hi what are the horsepower gaines with moe's 87tb and vararam cai i also have jeb stage 3 tuner and flowmaster (40series 2 chamber muffler) on 2013 rcsb 2wd hemi express 1500

OP
OP
G

gybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just want to say thank you all for your input. After giving the matter a lot of thought, I decided that instead of chasing bolt on and plug in horsepower, I would go ahead and get a vehicle with plenty of factory built in power.

I now have a new Charger Hellcat. I can't imagine wanting to add any power to this beast for a while. If anyone is interested, I have a less than two month old PCM/Trinity kit that's looking for a good home :)

14blackouthemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just want to say thank you all for your input. After giving the matter a lot of thought, I decided that instead of chasing bolt on and plug in horsepower, I would go ahead and get a vehicle with plenty of factory built in power.

I now have a new Charger Hellcat. I can't imagine wanting to add any power to this beast for a while. If anyone is interested, I have a less than two month old PCM/Trinity kit that's looking for a good home :)

Well that escalated quickly haha. Congrats. That's next for me as well.

OP
OP
G

gybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well that escalated quickly haha. Congrats. That's next for me as well.

Well... I just turned 60. Except for an 11 Mustang GT 5.0, I've had pickups all my life. It's time to play a little. It will surely suck the next time I need to bring a sheet of plywood home, but even that thought doesn't wipe the grin off my face.

pkrexer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should have waited a bit longer.. Demon is right around the corner :)

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

1 word to make ya want more power and yes you will want more..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DEMON<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Demon is a track car - why bother for a retired guy who just wants some fun? One seat - no thanks. Congrats on the HellCat. You kind of sound like Fiance's father - retired and just goes and buys whatever he wants lol. Keep your eye out for the Rebel TRX if they ever release it or something like it. It may be the perfect blend for you.

OP
OP
G

gybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Demon is a track car - why bother for a retired guy who just wants some fun? One seat - no thanks. Congrats on the HellCat. You kind of sound like Fiance's father - retired and just goes and buys whatever he wants lol. Keep your eye out for the Rebel TRX if they ever release it or something like it. It may be the perfect blend for you.

LOL. Seems the Hellcat has delayed my retirement plans. Tires are expensive :) Yes, I would love to see an AWD version of this powertrain in a truck!

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine

Don't leave us hanging man we need some pics:favorites13: