TB's & Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Looking to install a new throttle boys in my 2015
Please note I have no automobile experience what so ever

At first I wanted to go with the BBK 85mm being it was a full 85mm boar straight through. thought process it must be better than the factory modified Moe's/Fastman/Modern Muscle units as it is made from scratch to be high performance, however after reading reviews and some of the horror stories attached the the BBK part I am off that train and on the modified car as I am reading many good things, especially about the Moe's unit

That being said are all modified unit created equal ?

Lastly I hear many mixed things about the spacers? My thought was if I am going to put one on why not do it while I have it all apart.

Are these spacers worth the cash and do they boost low end acceleration as they are advertised too or is it just marketing BS ?

Thanks

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

At first I wanted to go with the BBK 85mm being it was a full 85mm boar straight through. thought process it must be better than the factory modified Moe's/Fastman/Modern Muscle units as it is made from scratch to be high performance, however after reading reviews and some of the horror stories attached the the BBK part I am off that train and on the modified car as I am reading many good things, especially about the Moe's unit

Lastly I hear many mixed things about the spacers? My thought was if I am going to put one on why not do it while I have it all apart.

Are these spacers worth the cash and do they boost low end acceleration as they are advertised too or is it just marketing BS ?

Thanks
I was in your position 3 months ago. Did tons of research on Throttle body's for my 2016 RAM R/T. I finely went ahead and got one of Moe's 87mm ported TB. Very happy with it so far, easy to install and noticeable power increase at WOT! I got a ported TB because I'm doing Headers and a tune.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Agree, says a lot to have first hand help here from vendors, Matt is here, BBK is not.

And agree, forget spacer.

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Thanks for the help guys

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Thanks

They only really work on carb engine, only thing you may here is a slight whistle like a turbo, sounds bad ass but doesn't do anything

Fatguytony

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was in your position 3 months ago. Did tons of research on Throttle body's for my 2016 RAM R/T. I finely went ahead and got one of Moe's 87mm ported TB. Very happy with it so far, easy to install and noticeable power increase at WOT! I got a ported TB because I'm doing Headers and a tune.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Hey im new to the ram side. Iv got a 16 rt as i see you do. I also see your doing a tune i cant find any power adders for the 16. Can u give me some advice.