Those with mufflex dodm80 (muffler delete) please step in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jared1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey guys
Recently sold my 07 1500 for a new 1500 Sport. Iam getting ready to pull the trigger on either the mufflex dod14m or dodm80. I am nervous about getting the 14 bc I dont want to kick myself for it not being as loud as I'd like (Iam coming from sports cars w long tubes and catless mid pipes...so I like loud:D hehe) So thats where the muffler delete would come in. I know the soud will be amazing...My concern here is
A)Loss of Hp/Torque (esp low end)
B)Loss in MPG
I just dont know how these new hemis react to no muffler and backpressure and all
So my question to anyone with the delete is...Any loss in power..or mpg?
I dont wanna sacrafice the power for sound. If theres a chance it'll drop...Id get the 14
Any info will be greatly appreciated!!!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
0212353 had one. He will chime in sooner or later

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
You could always add a electric exhaust cutout for when you want to be loud. I just ordered one. And soon will come long tube headers

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jared1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I would go the cutout route...but the issue is, obv it has to get welded in, and I dont wanna jack up the OEM exhaust on there (why I like the mufflex..easy on/off) Plus the cutout will be before the resonators...and I want to utilize them. Feel like it'll be too tinny or raspy w/o exhaust passing them them

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
They don't have to be welded in. I know 0212353 has his clamped on and that's what I'll be doing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

PRECIOUS 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 dodge ram 1500 RT
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey guys
Recently sold my 07 1500 for a new 1500 Sport. Iam getting ready to pull the trigger on either the mufflex dod14m or dodm80. I am nervous about getting the 14 bc I dont want to kick myself for it not being as loud as I'd like (Iam coming from sports cars w long tubes and catless mid pipes...so I like loud:D hehe) So thats where the muffler delete would come in. I know the soud will be amazing...My concern here is
A)Loss of Hp/Torque (esp low end)
B)Loss in MPG
I just dont know how these new hemis react to no muffler and backpressure and all
So my question to anyone with the delete is...Any loss in power..or mpg?
I dont wanna sacrafice the power for sound. If theres a chance it'll drop...Id get the 14
Any info will be greatly appreciated!!!

i have the dod14 on my 2012 R/T.I really like it.not to loud at idle,but way loud when throttling up.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
there are days I miss the delete pipe.

Its awesome. Get it. Now. :D

Only reason I don't have it anymore is my wife. I did the cutout / stock exhaust route. She's happy. :D

A)Loss of Hp/Torque (esp low end) - yup, small. But I had that with my FM40 on my 08 too......
B)Loss in MPG - MPGs? Whats that?

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Got the dod m80... Love the sound and get complimented on it all the time.
Negatives:
-Causes some vibrations in cab at certain rpms
-Minor loss of torque down low
-Could not notice mpg difference (if it decreased it was because me romping on it to be loud) lol
Positives:
-Sounds wicked
-EASY install/removal if you change your mind or want something else down the road.

I'd buy it again. One of the purchases for this truck that I don't regret. Made it sound like a muscle truck.

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have a muffler delete on my 12' Express, and it sounds F'in MEAN !!!

Honestly could not tell if i lost low end TQ, but i know the truck pulls a little harder from 4K to Redline when i romp it thats for sure lol.

when the truck goes into ECO mode at certain rpms your gonna notice a significant difference in the sound, but it never really bothers me as i have my radio volume is at 20-23 on the OEM head unit lol.

would not suggest removing the oem reso's on the tail pipes, as they help keep the raspiness down.

if your a fan of loud then you will be happy for sure !

Ram1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just recently bought it, had it in for about a week and a half, love it. Highway, around town, idle, its awesome.