Throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamonaRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any one here running Srp ported throttle body or fastman? i know most people run Moe's 87 but if anyone running any of the two I'm mentioned I'll like to know your experience with them.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Where's the links to purchase the 2 you mentioned? Is it cheaper than Moe's? What kinda gains due they claim?

OP
OP
RamonaRt

RamonaRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where's the links to purchase the 2 you mentioned? Is it cheaper than Moe's? What kinda gains due they claim?

https://www.thefastman.com/throttlebodiesHemi.php
http://srp-performance.com/products/srp-ported-throttle-body

It's about the same price range I believe.There's a page on Facebook where a lot of people that are running fastman and srp and say they felt those two outperform the throttle body that Moe's offers. I'm just curious to know before I drop almost 400 bucks for a Moe's throttle bdy.

RagingCrayon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your Mom
Are these true full bored including enlarging the butterfly or do they still restrict down to stock size at the butterfly?

pt1655

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My 2012 Ram hemi 4X4 has a BullyDog GT tuner set to 91 octane, true dual exhaust w/long glass packs & resonators, AEM dry filter w/stock airbox. I bought the 85mm ported throttle body from Fastman and am very pleased with it. I tow a travel trailer a lot and I really notice a lot more power going up grades and passing. Highly recommend it; he was honest and answered all my questions over the phone and shipped it very quickly. Very easy to install, maybe 20 minutes. Great performance value for the price.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a 10 that had a Fastman TB and it seemed to do OK. My 13 and my 16 both had/have Moe's. I bought Moe's because the price was about the same, because of Matt's reputation, because he is a vendor and supporter of this site, because he uses the parts he sells in his successful race trucks, because he is always available to answer any question you have and because his shipping is free and faster than anyone else. Difference in performance of that mod standing alone-----I don't know cause I did 2 or 3 things at the same time.
Jay

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's a taper. Butterfly is stock. (I'm pretty sure. I remember seeing it smoothed into stock bore).

But I dunt recall is if the bore is actually bigger in itself? Stock is 85 I think. Moes is 87. But that could just be the largest measurement of the opened taper until decreasing to stock butterflies.

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Moes don't use a stock butterfly. It's a larger butterfly to match the new bore

OP
OP
RamonaRt

RamonaRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the feedback guys. Im still not sure on the throttle body. I'm leaning towards using that money on some 1 3/4 long tube headers from Moe's and a retune from jay as I think that will make a more noticeable power increase.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Moes don't use a stock butterfly. It's a larger butterfly to match the new bore

I have Moes 87mm....it's an OEM throttle body honed and tapered to 87mm. It's the exact same as my oem but you can see where it has been machined. Have had it on with my S&B for 3 years. Great mod!:happy107:

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have Moes 87mm....it's an OEM throttle body honed and tapered to 87mm. It's the exact same as my oem but you can see where it has been machined. Have had it on with my S&B for 3 years. Great mod!:happy107:

Do you have any other mods besides the tb and cai?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963