Throttle Body Spacer??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Anyone running them on their hemi 5.9?. Notice any significant results? Didn’t even know they made them for my 13 Ram 5.9. Honestly never had one on any of my previous trucks. Gimme a few quick opinions plz...
:Good or Bad:

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a great mod for 5.9 ... pair with the catch can and you can shave a good amount of time off your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Best hp for the money combo IMO

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Don't waste your time unless you're going to port it as a way to run nitrous.

If you have a 2013 RAM you have a 5.7L Hemi and not a 5.9L Magnum.

Throttle Body (TB) Spacers date back to the days of carbureted engines, where a little space allowed a better fuel air mixture--supposedly.

With fuel injection, and your RAM is fuel injected, there is no fuel air mixture at the Throttle Body, only air and maybe some blow by from your PCV.

Even on a non-direct injected engine, any swirl imparted to the air is useless by the time it reaches the intake valves.

A ported TB on the other hand is different in that it has been machined to have a greater diameter at wide open throttle, but remain stock at lower air demand so that tuning is not needed. Of course you have to have something else on the engine to use that air, like long tube headers or racing camshaft.

I personally question the ethics of any vendor manufacturing or still selling these paperweights for fuel injected engines..

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Thank you for that EXCELLENT write up and advice.
Sorry meant 5.7 duh lol

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Listen to Casper, he said everything I would have and it’s all true. It’s a waste of money and will give you zero performance/mpg gain.

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks you guys!