Throttle Commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bravada94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had seen the plug and play upgrade for our fly by wire throttle control on Amazon. I did some looking and there weren't very many viable reviews I could find. but the company offered a no questions asked money back guarantee. so I ordered one.
I got it the other day, installed it in literally a minute, and went for a drive. it can be set to any of the 36 positions. I had it set to one near the middle. the difference was easily noticeable immediately. wow what a difference! today before I left for work, I set it to its highest position. it was almost comical how jumpy the ram was. it felt like the ram was a bucking bronco because it was so responsive! I had a HUGE smile on my face the entire way home! it's like the entire 400ish horses are available IMMEDIATELY. finally have the power of the hemi when I want them, not when the cpu wants to let me have them. can't say enough I'm thoroughly impressed!!

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Link the one you purchased pictures or something please. My throttle is so bad I was thinking about looking into the pcm and checking the p.i.d setting to see what the heck check it was from stock.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

RamRebelLarry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ended up buying a Pedal Commander for my ram and I have to say the controllers are a awesome upgrade for our trucks... I bought the PC because it looked better made and I like the fact I can fine tune or adjust the settings on each mode it allows more adjustments per driving style and situations... I havent tried eco mode yet but we are headed to the AZ this weekend in the Rebel so I will try it out then !!!

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Does this modify the tune of the vehicle at all or does it not even plug into the same port used for tuning?

RamRebelLarry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pedal Commander plugs into your throttle posistion sensor that is located on your gas pedal and goes in line...

I dont have my truck tuned although my friend has a tune on his 6.2 Raptor and he has the device also and it does not mess with his tune... he says the device only amplifies the signal from gas pedal to ECU it does not remap any fuel or air or any other management.

I assume your tuner goes OBDII so you would be just fine plus you can try it for two weeks if it doesnt work !! amazing I wish more companys where like this.

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yea, I have to use a Diablo tuner for my SC setup and it is tuned through the OBDII connector. This kind of device may be really helpful to me as my shop was thinking that the auto controlled throttle plates may be limiting my supercharger output in certain situations. I might have to give this a try to see if it helps; maybe even dyno test it :waytogo:

RamRebelLarry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That would be sweet Gamestar although when I was talking to them they made it very clear is doesn't increase HP it only removes the delay from gas pedal to throw you in your seat torque....

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That would be sweet Gamestar although when I was talking to them they made it very clear is doesn't increase HP it only removes the delay from gas pedal to throw you in your seat torque....

Correct, for a regular NA application; however in my case on a supercharged application it could increase HP if the PCM is limiting the throttle plates thus possibly limiting some boost at certain RPMs.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I ended up buying a Pedal Commander for my ram and I have to say the controllers are a awesome upgrade for our trucks... I bought the PC because it looked better made and I like the fact I can fine tune or adjust the settings on each mode it allows more adjustments per driving style and situations... I havent tried eco mode yet but we are headed to the AZ this weekend in the Rebel so I will try it out then !!!

Tuned in for updates it sounds amazing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam