Throttle only opening 86%

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
I dont think your wifes Cavvy? changes anything in this discussion. different OEMs use different paramaters/ math for thier factory tuning. 100% could simply be 100% of the available travel:

76 deg + 100% of the avalailabe ( parameter) range.

*****. All I have to say. So because he's getting a reading on torque from the TPS it is being recalculated by the ECU then pulled by his app? It does make a difference what car is being used as you said in the second sentence. The app is reading a sensor.

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
There are multiple Accelerator pedal params and throttle plate params. If your not seeing 100% on the accelerator pedal, your not logging the correct parameter. If your not seeing a max of 82% tapper to 79% for throttle plate, your not logging the correct parameter.

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
why you laugh at me? what if, just Imagine, if, IF I had feelings.

So In the given scenerio, the app is taking a sample and scaling it to its imbedded parameter settings.

apples and oranges?

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Throttle position sensor, built-into the throttle body ASSY (with motor), detects throttle valve opening angle. The sensor type used is a non-contact type throttle position sensor. This sensor uses Hall elements which is capable of sensing magnetic field as an electrical signal. As the throttle valve moves, output voltage difference is produced linearly, and this effect is called Hall effect. The throttle position sensor has circuits with 2 different output characteristics (THSM and THSS). The sensor also sends output voltage which corresponds to throttle opening angle to the engine control computer. The engine control computer, in turn, calculates a throttle valve opening angle based on the output voltage to perform operations such as controlling the throttle motor and compensating air/fuel ratio.]

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
86 degrees is max throttle angle. Max accel pedal % though is 100%.

His app is showing the wrong sensor thats all lol

OP
OP

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
86 degrees is max throttle angle. Max accel pedal % though is 100%.

His app is showing the wrong sensor thats all lol
If 86 degrees is max throttle angle then that would be 100% open according to the ECU, correct?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Yes so the vehicle gets full WOT just fine. If you want the app to show 100% you can change the sensor to the accelerator or whatever it's called in the PID List

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When playig back datalogs, using either the 07 and up feature in the trinty and the IT2, or selecting,as directed from my tuner(s) from the 100's of PIDS in the predator, I always see TB max as 76%.
Johan,who works for diablosport, explained to me that 76% is the Max for our platforms, LX LC. I am making a small assumption that that applies ot the RAM as well, I have not played back any datalogs from the ones I recorded for Hemifver.

It is an interseting dicussion, but back to the OP, the parameter is fine , there is no issue with the OP TB opening.

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Torque is kinda generic. It gets most of the PIDS set on its own but sometimes will have the wrong ones. That's why he gets to pick relative position or absolute position..

Apples and oranges. Only thing that matters is psi, afr, rpm for my torque app lol..

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, please elaborate. You came out here and made such a statement, please back it up. Enlighten all of us on how a modern engine works.

I posted on here also to see if there's anyone else that has an app so I can see what they're throttle position is at wide open throttle. I've seen some different fluctuations on the maximum.

You may think you know everything about automotive but I'm sure there's plenty of people that can just walk circles around you. We're supposed to be Ram Community. If you don't have anything positive to add here, please don't open your trap. Nobody wants to read your nonsense.

Im glad im not the only one who thinks he ***** his own horn!

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ramrt1,
Thanks for the info on the Sprint throttle booster! I ordered one today. It should help towing our trailer a lot. This is the kind of info our members need; throttle response (or lack thereof) has been a continuing burr in our sides for probably most of us! I'll post when I've got it installed and see how it does.
Pete

Can't it be adjusted through your tuner??

chris1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im glad im not the only one who thinks he ***** his own horn!

well you 20 year old superman-
1st- if you're so good- why you're not having a job making 100k / year? engineers getting that. wonder, with the tremendous knowledge here, some people have, why they still grubbing on the floor the minimum wages jobs off and doing here like they where the development engineer who built the engine. And thinking, that they know everything better, than people working for longer in the business than they counting on age...
2nd- and that counts for everybody telling me, I talk BS- NOBODY- and I repeat- NOBODY ever here in this forum was able to proof me wrong about anything I said. I'm asking every time for it- but nobody is able to explain fundamental where I'm wrong and why.

But it's like with everything- everybody here has the same opinion. and if somebody says something different he's an idiot?

well- there are 2 things coming to my mind about this:

eat ****- millions of flies can't be wrong

and the second- opinion are like a##holes- everybody has one.

But that's ok. I figured out that there is no difference between trailer park redneck behavior and this forum. cultivate your inbreed culture and be happy.
yeah- and I hope I gave you enough material now to keep you busy for the rest of the week. Interesting that I'm so important, that I have to be followed in every thread and that everybody need to know, that I just talk bs.
But that's all ok. I have a great job, good paying, a wonderful wife, and a absolute awesome life. I don't sacrifice this for talking to a bunch of wannabe engineers on golf course Bermuda grass height.

do what ever you want to your vehicles. and I know- the ones on the side of the road are mostly the ones, people thought they are smarter than the people who built it.

so long and yeah- I think I make you happy when I say **** it- I don't need this ****.

God bless you all- you need it. :favorites13:

OP
OP

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1st- if you're so good- why you're not having a job making 100k / year? engineers getting that. wonder, with the tremendous knowledge here, some people have, why they still grubbing on the floor the minimum wages jobs off and doing here like they where the development engineer who built the engine. And thinking, that they know everything better, than people working for longer in the business than they counting on age...
2nd- and that counts for everybody telling me, I talk BS- NOBODY- and I repeat- NOBODY ever here in this forum was able to proof me wrong about anything I said. I'm asking every time for it- but nobody is able to explain fundamental where I'm wrong and why.

But it's like with everything- everybody here has the same opinion. and if somebody says something different he's an idiot?

But that's ok. I figured out that there is no difference between trailer park redneck behavior and this forum. cultivate your inbreed culture and be happy.
yeah- and I hope I gave you enough material now to keep you busy for the rest of the week. Interesting that I'm so important, that I have to be followed in every thread and that everybody need to know, that I just talk bs.
But that's all ok. I have a great job, good paying, a wonderful wife, and a absolute awesome life. I don't sacrifice this for talking to a bunch of wannabe engineers on golf course Bermuda grass height.

do what ever you want to your vehicles. and I know- the ones on the side of the road are mostly the ones, people thought they are smarter than the people who built it.

so long and yeah- I think I make you happy when I say **** it- I don't need this ****.

Seriously bro, people on here are pretty dang chill for the most part and you should be too. Your pass so much judgment on people and considering you're the one that got on to someone about finances yet you're here too trying to brag about yours.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. Learn to take some criticism from time to time, there's more than one way to skin a cat on a lot of these issues so it doesn't mean that you're right and everyone else is wrong.

Last edited:

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Dude sounds like your just slightly butt hurt. And need to chill out. And what's the deal with jumping on somebody's finances. For all you know. Half the people on this forum could be far better off that you or me both.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Is English your first language?

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is English your first language?

No he is from Germany or something

Dude sounds like your just slightly butt hurt. And need to chill out. And what's the deal with jumping on somebody's finances. For all you know. Half the people on this forum could be far better off that you or me both.

Thanks man, arguing with this guy is like talking to a wall... Ever since hes joined, tells people there wrong and then explains hes as smart as Eisenstein, and everyone is dumb. Then once you tell hes wrong, he goes GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Seriously bro, people on here are pretty dang chill for the most part and you should be too. Your pass so much judgment on people and considering you're the one that got on to someone about finances yet you're here too trying to brag about yours.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. Learn to take some criticism from time to time, there's more than one way to skin a cat on a lot of these issues so it doesn't mean that you're right and everyone else is wrong.

Thanks to you too man.

God bless you all- you need it.

Im 21 and going to school full time and work full time. Sorry i dont make as much as you, didnt think that made me anyless of a person... Stop being such a :flipthebird: on this forum. People on here are nice to each other, and this a tightnit community where everyone gets along. If you cant manage that because your to proud to get off your high horse, go to the Z forum where they tell everyone who post, "search it". You are not making any friends by critizing people, and stating your opinion with no back up. What you said earlier on this thread had ABSOLUTELY no place. Something they teach in pre-school, if you have nothing good to say DONT SAY IT!!!

Last edited:

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wait, if I just bought American Racing Long Tubes with Y-pipe and cats plus install, Diablo Sport Trinity T-1000, K&N 63 intake, MBRP Cat back, Vibrant Resonator, Edge Racing Torque Converter plus install, Nitto Terra Grappler G2s plus mount & balance, eFan, seat covers, console cover, Mopar splash guards, professional buff job and paint sealant/wax, and custom emblems all after I just got my truck and I make minimum wage I need to give my accountant a raise :)

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your welcome, I also have the trinity 1000 and custom tune. You can adjust the throttle boost on the programmer, but not as much as the sprint booster. They leave the throttle response at the stock setting with my tunes because you don't need both. Plus as I said all power comes in at part throttle instead of full throttle so you will have to get use to the new response curve. When you press the pedal halfway the truck is going to take off so please be careful until you get use to it.

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is no FUN in careful
there is an F
there is a U
but no N
right along with Safe,
only an F