Throttle Response with Canned Tune on i2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So, has anyone tinkered with the Throttle Boost on the Diablo canned Tunes. I have seen all the Pedal Commander threads recently, and this feature is built into my i2. Just curious if anyone has tinkered with this. I'm going to run my canned tunes until i get a little further down the engine mod road so that i can make the most of the tune i eventually get (needed the i2 now so i could turn the MDS off), but don't mind tinkering if i can get some better response from the engine.
I've heard that about 20% get sketchy, but i've not experience that. I've got it set up at 5% now, thinking of going higher, but wanted input first. Running 93 in the truck, but didn't see a tune for it in the canned section, only the 91.
Thanks.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think that Sean at Hemifever sets his custom tuned ones at 20%.
Jay

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think that Sean at Hemifever sets his custom tuned ones at 20%.
Jay

I will soon find out with the Diablo/Hemifever, long tube headers and a Vararam cai. The catch can will net me the most hp, lets see the long tubes 25hp, tuner 25 25hp and the Vararam 10hp and lastly then cc an easy 50hp to the rear wheels:crazy:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You lose some if you don't color match your catch can and use braided lines---:naughty::naughty:
Jay

Jake91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have mine at 15% and its still a dog off the line it will atleast chirp the the tires now though

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was going to "Turn it up to 11", but that may not be enough, lol.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I have the T1000 and have played with the throttle boost and part throttle up shift and none of that comes close to the peddle Commander. I just put the PC on this afternoon and it is hands down one of my best mods. On sport+ its scary aggressive, crisp and snap you, it's unbelievable. For years my truck has felt so sluggish, even with 410 gears. Now it's a new animal.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the T1000 and have played with the throttle boost and part throttle up shift and none of that comes close to the peddle Commander.

HEMIFEVER solved my throttle response problem...lol... :roflsquared: No amount of adjustment can come close to what a custom tune gets you.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
HEMIFEVER solved my throttle response problem...lol... :roflsquared: No amount of adjustment can come close to what a custom tune gets you.

Jay Green fixed my throttle response too, But The PC is a new animal my friend. I'm still shocked...

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Jay Green fixed my throttle response too, But The PC is a new animal my friend. I'm still shocked...
Completely agree....I've run custom tunes from both HF and Jay. Jays was better suited for my truck and what I'm running at the moment, tweaked for all mods I have at the moment. Added the PC this weekend and it's pretty impressive. Having run custom tunes from both well respected tuners, the PC is a welcome addition.

Shifts are firmer, power is instant and mean as hell. As I mentioned in the other PC thread, even the shop mgr that had my truck today called to ask me what I'd done to it to make it so responsive. He's a 5.7L Durango owner.

I'd recommend the PC to anyone that asks me about it. People can say whatever they want about it. Install one for yourself, then we'll talk.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Dont see why I would spend more money on a simple daily driver thats already has more HP then i need :favorites13:

The tires chirp to much already...lol...

Fatboy57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jay fixed my throttle response as well. Man what a difference. Custom tune is definitely worth it. I just need low end tq badly. Ive been doomed from start 6spd and 3.55 lol