Time to upgrade my exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiGirl81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been wanting to upgrade my exhaust for a while now, and think I am about ready, but not sure what I want to go with?? Thoughts??

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Best bet is to start listening to YouTube clips, pretty tough for someone to tell you what to get as a "good" sounding exhaust is all subject to personal preference.

Popular muffler swaps are
Magnaflow 14"/18"
Flowmaster 10/50HD
Carven
Spintech
Borla

rduchateau2954

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you feel about your neighbors? I love my carven, neighbors... Eh.

Factory cat/carven ar1/no resonators

http://youtu.be/7dLK1axzC-w

http://youtu.be/W0p1n8I2RG8

Flow master 40 was my next choice nice deep tone.
Flow master 10 has a ton of crackle
Borla has a bit of a wet fart sound on the backside.
Magna flow is probably the quietest/mildest time and volume

Last edited:
OP
OP
HemiGirl81

HemiGirl81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you feel about your neighbors? I love my carven, neighbors... Eh.

Factory cat/carven ar1/no resonators

http://youtu.be/7dLK1axzC-w

http://youtu.be/W0p1n8I2RG8

Flow master 40 was my next choice nice deep tone.
Flow master 10 has a ton of crackle
Borla has a bit of a wet fart sound on the backside.
Magna flow is probably the quietest/mildest time and volume

I'm not too fond of any of my neighbors, so not worried about them lol. I really like the deeper, mean tones; the crackle is a little annoying.

OP
OP
HemiGirl81

HemiGirl81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best bet is to start listening to YouTube clips, pretty tough for someone to tell you what to get as a "good" sounding exhaust is all subject to personal preference.

Popular muffler swaps are
Magnaflow 14"/18"
Flowmaster 10/50HD
Carven
Spintech
Borla

Ive listened to some of the videos but most if them are taken with a cell with hone and are distorted

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not too fond of any of my neighbors, so not worried about them lol. I really like the deeper, mean tones; the crackle is a little annoying.

May I suggest the Flowmaster Super-10... I have it on my truck and its loud as hell but not too obnoxious.. sounds great to me.. deep tone not tinny crackle..
I get alot of compliments on how it sounds.. alot by other ram owners that have stopped me to ask what exhaust I have.

I have the flow with MRBP pipes and tips

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya it sucks but YouTube probably gonna be your best bet. It'll still give you an idea. Some companies have their own videos on their actual websites with soundclips.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah just depends on what you're looking for, but I'll give you another option to listen to...I'm real happy with the cherry bomb extreme I put on mine. I wanted something that wouldnt have any crackle even when coming down from high rpm and the extreme is very smooth sounding.

This was the clip that sold me on going with it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSl7eSYFgUU

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been wanting to upgrade my exhaust for a while now, and think I am about ready, but not sure what I want to go with?? Thoughts??

What do you have now?

What is your budget ?

If you have all OEM exhaust and you or someone you know is handy with basic wrenching, would you consider buying a 'direct bolt on' replacement muffler? (No welding/cutting required)

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What do you have now?

What is your budget ?

If you have all OEM exhaust and you or someone you know is handy with basic wrenching, would you consider buying a 'direct bolt on' replacement muffler? (No welding/cutting required)

Flowmaster 50hd direct fit on mine. Less than a hour to install.

OP
OP
HemiGirl81

HemiGirl81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you have now?

What is your budget ?

I just have stock right now, and for budget I'm not sure. I haven't even started getting prices yet so no sure what range I'm even looking at. I'm ok with bolt on as long as I can get the sound I want :)

OP
OP
HemiGirl81

HemiGirl81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
May I suggest the Flowmaster Super-10... I have it on my truck and its loud as hell but not too obnoxious.. sounds great to me.. deep tone not tinny crackle..
I get alot of compliments on how it sounds.. alot by other ram owners that have stopped me to ask what exhaust I have.

I have the flow with MRBP pipes and tips

Just listened to a YouTube video and that sounds like what I'm wanting. How much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking? (You can also tell me it's non of my business if not lol)

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would go with the carven R-Serres with Y-pipe. I have a few good clips on my comp at work.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
$17k it was on the truck when I bought it. Lol. It's a single in dual out. I'd venture to guess to build a system like this would be $500ish not sure if there is a dual out muffler back kit made. It's a really short muffler and I can tell it's not a lit on in but I'll snap some pics of it and you can show them to a shop and get a quote maybe.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
HemiGirl81

HemiGirl81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
$17k it was on the truck when I bought it. Lol. It's a single in dual out. I'd venture to guess to build a system like this would be $500ish not sure if there is a dual out muffler back kit made. It's a really short muffler and I can tell it's not a lit on in but I'll snap some pics of it and you can show them to a shop and get a quote maybe.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That would be awesome! Thanks

rduchateau2954

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got around $600 into mine. But I cut off the whole exhaust after the cat and started over.

Sent from my AS985 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you have now?

What is your budget ?

You or someone you know is handy with basic wrenching :roflsquared::roflsquared::roflsquared::roflsquared:

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How often do you drive with your cutout open?