TIPM replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jojo750

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
ran into an issue a few months ago, and wanted to ask if anyone else had seen this problem. it has been fixed. but wanted to check in. this all happened around halloween, and thank god for my extended warranty.

came out one morning, and my truck battery was dead. got it jumped and went to work. got off work, and the battery was dead again. got a jump and stopped at the auto zone by my house to let them check the battery. they said it was the alternator not charging properly.. no problem. extended warranty will cover that.. when i got home. i cut the truck off and was walking into the house when i hear a humming noise...
call a neighbor around the corner who works at the dealer i go to, he comes over and says that its the fuel pump.. opens the fuse box, pulls the fuse. and says to put the fuse back in the morning to start it..
next morning, i drop off at the dealer, explain whats going on...
took a few days to get the part in, but ended being a bad fuse pump relay. to the dealer had to replace the TIPM.

anyone else had this issue?

i have a 2011 ram with 53k miles on it (had 47k at the time of the failure).

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow , lucky you were still under warranty.

Seems to be pretty common problem , not just the fuel pump , but random operation of windows , horn , and other systems are mentioned in this article below .

http://www.dodgeproblems.com/trends/tipm/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jojo750

jojo750

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
lucky isnt the word.. i had to replace the AC in my house, so i had refinanced the truck about 3 months before this happened.. otherwise, when i went to the dealer to get it fixed, and they said it would be about $1100, i would have said thank you. drove around to the front of the dealership, and traded the truck in...
in 6+ years of owning this, this is the first and only issue ive had (luckily).. its been an awesome truck for me.. with the low miles i drive, hopefully wont have any more issues in the near future..
thanks for the article. i searched TIPM on this site, but didnt see anything directly related..

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You'll find similar issues across FCA brands, common in 2011-2012 vintage. Jeep even had a recall on the fuel pump issue. Some relays are soldered on the motherboard and don't seem to handle high currents well. It seems like they've been through several TIPM vendors, and the current one seems to be much better made, so its important to get the most current rev of the TIPM.

Keep an eye on the fuel pump as it may have been stressed by all the continuous running.