Top performance upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bellypuncher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Members,

If you could do only 1 upgrade, what would it be for the most HP gain (other than supercharger or NOS). I am looking for the most bang for my $. I want to feel my first dollar spent. Headers, Trinity or Bully, CAI, TB, Exhaust, anything else? Which one is the best #1?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Picton

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 - 1500 Express CC 4x2
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'll go out on a limb and say Trinity(tuner)...re-tuning the truck is going to do the most for you without improving other things. I would look at aftermarket upgrades after they release the tune...to see what they come up with. Give it a little.

Last edited:

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Tuner!!!

TB, CAI dont do much if any on these trucks... A tune wakes them up.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
A tuner will be the best way to start i did the K&n intake ang honestly i didnt feel much. i also did the exhaust and didnt feel alot niether.

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree with everyone.

Tuner if your just doing a single mod.

There is also a massive price difference between the possible mods though. And most of the mods, cheap or expensive, work better when tuned. Which means you will need a tuner regardless. So why not go ahead and start with the tuner! heehee. There are some great custom tuners here in this forum that essentially tune for free as long as you buy the tuner from them. I would recommend you to go that way. Cause if there is ever a day you happen to want more mods, you can have them tune for your specific mod and get the most from it.

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Most of your basic mods won't show much gain by themselves. Combine a few together and you will notice the increase in performance. Headers, Torque Converter, Tuner those you will feel right away. But they are also more and besides the tuner are more difficult yo install. Whatever you decided on it will be just the beginning. Once you feel a little more power you'll want more and more and more. :D

dodgehemi0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2013 hemi 8 speed sport cc 4x4. I have modified several trucks and always the exhaust usually with disappointment to follow. I will say I did a muffler swap from stock to a 22in magnaflow and am very surprised with the out come. It feels stronger on the bottom end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I have to agree with most everyone here. I would go with a tuner or a tq converter as you will feel more from those mods than anything else. the correct cold air intake/ported throttle body combination will show great gains as well, but not as noticeable as the tune or the converter. With the tuner being much easier to install, that is the route I would take first. Hemifever is the way to go when it comes to custom tuning for the hemi trucks.

OP
OP
B

Bellypuncher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the great feedback guys. I am definitely going with the tuner and HemiFever certainly gets a lot of pop around here so why not go with his?

But now all this torque converter talk has me researching that idea for after the tuner. Anyone have any advice on TC's? Is it a DIY or do I send it to the shop?

Thanks guys, l cant wait to take the training bra off of this hemi and start burning the tires when I mash the gas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
thanks for the great feedback guys. I am definitely going with the tuner and hemifever certainly gets a lot of pop around here so why not go with his?

But now all this torque converter talk has me researching that idea for after the tuner. Anyone have any advice on tc's? Is it a diy or do i send it to the shop?

Thanks guys, l cant wait to take the training bra off of this hemi and start burning the tires when i mash the gas.

Sent from my ipad using tapatalk hd

if you find a place that can do it for around 300-400$ i would go that route.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The converter can be installed in the driveway with the correct tools. Most importantly, a transmission jack. Without it, it is very difficult to balance and lower the transmission.

Shop labor generally runs between $200-$400 on these depending on where you are at. Here in TX, $200-$250 is pretty standard for a converter install.