Tow/haul mode MDS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullitt279

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can running in tow haul mode hurt our trucks in long run if not actually towing or hauling? It gets rid of the annoying drone IMO running Cherry Bomb Extreme. Thanks for help answering

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Keep in mind that tow/haul will lock out your top gear. Manually shifting to the highest gear will turn off MDS, and not alter your normal shift points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keep in mind that tow/haul will lock out your top gear. Manually shifting to the highest gear will turn off MDS, and not alter your normal shift points.

With the 8-speed in tow mode it will use the 8th gear and will not get rid of MDS. Only manual shift does

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I've had the cherry bomb extreme for a year or two now and this is pretty much what Ive always done other than on longer highway trips.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It does not Lock out 8th gear. Shift it to 8th if you want the mds off.