Traction Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
So has anyone put traction bars on there 1500s or does anyone make any for them ?
Since I installed my TTC-1211S or my topper not sure which one caused it but my truck wheel hops pretty bad now.
Even at a 15 mph punch instead of just spinning the tires it hops pretty good let alone from a dead stop, does not do it all the time but more then I would like.
Getting ready to order a Hellwig sway bar and doubt it helps any but am hoping it wont make it worse..lol
Just thought a stiffer rear end would help rather then hurt.

Thought I would see if someone knew of something that would help, traction bars, or poly bushing ? or better control arms ?

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Following, since I put the TTC-1223 on it does the same thing, and I’m about to add a topper too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious about that too, I have the hellwig swaybar (middle position) and it didn't change the wheel hop.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Ha well atleast I am not alone on this.
It did not do this when it was stock so I really figure its the stiffer springs but I would have thought stiffer springs would have help and not hurt so I am alittle cornfused on it.

The kracken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im guessing the truck doesnt transfer the weight like it did cause its too stiff and is causing the wheel hop. Not so sure the brackets will work since they were designed for lowered trucks. there might not be a fix for this one other than adding weight which kinda kills the purpose of the springs

Sent from a device thats sends stuff

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
My opinion, I would put the stock springs back on and get air bags. You'll maintain the factory ride quality and benefit from the added load leveling.

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I have air bags as well, not going to take out my heavy springs though finally got this truck to feel like a truck.
If nobody makes anything I will just deal with it I guess, shoot when I get bigger tires it might not spin them much anyway..lol

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I agree with 69 I’m not pulling my springs out because I Tow, and when I do it helps immensely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Any better pics of these installed than what’s online or maybe instructions ?

Message Ryan at Illicit. There's lots of pic's ,but most of them are on facebook sites. I can post pic's of mine installed,but you'll have to pick a facebook site to see them,i don't post pics here as it's a royal pia.
Rick