Transmission problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys its me again with ANOTHER possible issue...

So today i finally got my new tires and rims on (not related to the issue) well i was backing into my garage and rolled my window down in order to check the clearance since i knew it would be close with the larger tires and i noticed something ive never noticed before when putting vehicle in and out of gear. I noticed that when i switched from park to reverse and reverse to park there was a pretty loud "click" i have never noticed it before (most likely due to it being winter and not really driving with my windows down a ton). I did notice it putting it into drive also. I couldnt hear it in the cab with windows up but with windows down it was clear as day.

Does anyone elses do this? Or is it just mine? is this normal or should i take it in? I am not throwing any codes.

West27

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
8 speed?

Mine does the same thing on my 8 speed since day 1. Mine just sounds like it is locking it into park. I don't think it is an issue but we will see what other people say.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Its completely normal.

sent from galaxy S7 edge using tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 speed?

Mine does the same thing on my 8 speed since day 1. Mine just sounds like it is locking it into park. I don't think it is an issue but we will see what other people say.

Its the 8speed. Guess i should have posted that. yeah i wasnt sure if it was normal or not. It didnt sound like a clunk but a click you know? Clunking or grinding would make me more nervous

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 Sport with the 8 speed and I hear no noise at all When putting it in any gear.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I hear an audible "click" with the windows down (from D or R to P) but nothing more than other autos I've had from other makes. Mine's done it for all 35 months since new and has never changed. I'm not currently worried about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 99 Dakota was really bad about The Clunk. Come to think of it my 88 did it also.

The "New" ( now 6 years old!) truck doesn't do it.

It's a Dodge.