Trinity mounting options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
About to place my order for the Diablosport Trinity from Hemifever. Just not loving the mounting options for this thing. Anyone have any custom locations figured out for the 4th gens? Post pics if you have them... Thanks. Also...any '12 with a trinity and your thoughts so far...

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
You are going to be very happy with the tune. Most guys either use the cheap suction cup mount that comes with the tuner, or go with the Bullydog a pillar with the Trinity pod adapter.

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm glad that I keep hearing only positive feedback about the Trinity and the hemifever tune. The A pillar mount seems like the best option so far but that damn wire hanging out the bottom of the Trinity looks like crap. So I can't say I'm 100% sold on that yet.

scHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 RAM SLT Crew
Engine
Hemi
I wanna put mine once. Get it above the rear view mirror but you need a n adapter that is basically a iPod connector with a 90 degree elbow in it

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is only applicable to those without a center console...I was considering making a custom mount where the cupholders are. Once I leave the truck I can actually just close the door of the cupholders and completely conceal the Trinity away from evil doers! I know it will work...just have to figure out how to make it functional while looking good. Any thoughts?

AceBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fits perfect!!

10650ab25fcfa792f38cdaefc1178942.jpg

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
AceBlackRam: that looks amazing...I don't have the center console so unfortunately I don't have that exact mounting position. I do like it mounted lower and out of sight... How are you liking the hemifever tune...was it a noticeable difference?

AceBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AceBlackRam: that looks amazing...I don't have the center console so unfortunately I don't have that exact mounting position. I do like it mounted lower and out of sight... How are you liking the hemifever tune...was it a noticeable difference?

Aww sorry buddy didnt realize you have no center console :/

Read this thread

http://www.ramforum.com/f44/hemifever_tuned-25433/index3.html

My findings :

Allright!

I would not have believed it if i hadnt experienced it myself!

Before installing trinity and hemifever custom tune, i filled my truck with 161 liter LPG and drove it to work, same route everyday on cruise control @ 90 km an hour! In the weekend driving around town, groceries etc... All in all got 757 km.. It comes to 4.7 km per liter.

Now with trinity and hemifever tuning i drove same route during the week, but in the weekend i drove more then normal in town and had my foot down for some WOT runs for the sake of data logging :)..

Today LPG pushed its last drop through the system and got me @851 km

That is a serious improvement of 94 km.

I also believe i can get it to go 900 km per full tank, because of weather conditions the last couple of days (snow)

All in all im very happy with this device and give my thanks to Sean@hemifever!!

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah man..the Express models don't have the center console and the shifter is on the column. If I mounted the trinity in the spot under the AC vent it would be blocked by the shifter when in Drive. Glad to see everyone is happy with the tuner... Lets see if I can mock something up...

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I plan to put mine in the upper glove compartment. Too many prying eyes around here, and I don't need anything flashy in plain view.

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the suggestions. My concerns are always prying eyes...I would like to keep it as hidden as possible but still easy to monitor. No need to leave a $600 toy within reach of smash and grabbers!

tkyle486

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the set up on the center council, its out of the way and hard to see especialy when your tint is dark like mine!, i have the pod mount from moes but i can see it when i look through the front window (only the front). But i think with the trinity once the load the tune you can take the tuner out so you shouldn't have to worry about someone trying to break into your truck.

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Agreed that you can remove it once the tune is in place but it kind of defeats the purpose. The trinity is an amazing tuner with tons of monitoring tools and features. Putting it away would almost seem like a waste of money. Doesn't appear to be too many options when it comes to mounting this thing. I will post some pics when I figure something out but please if anyone has an Express post some picks of how it's mounted.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey I did a quick google search of cup holder gps mounts and saw a few good options only thing is that they look a little tacky.

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks gonna look into those as well. Maybe they can be modded to my needs.

scHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 RAM SLT Crew
Engine
Hemi
like I said I would love to buy the blendmount and install it above my rear view mirror but its gonna take some fab work because of where the plug plugs into the trinity and the mount is only for the bullydog

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Anyone have pictures of the trinity installed using the Moe's solution? Does it stay plugged in to the OBD2 port?