Trinity original release vs latest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all! Just wanted to share with you a difference that I saw between tunes from DS. The first time is the original 93 tune. The next tune is the rev T tune for the shift issue some of us saw at partial throttle after making shift rpm adjustments.

As a note the section of road was the same spot. Same time just minutes apart. Temp was a brisk 56 degrees. Also the first time I loaded it wasnt what I expected so I re loaded the trinity and tried twice reloading the 93 tune with no change on the original. Now with the new file, the rev T there was a marked difference. I was able to completely break loose the rear tires.
Times were original tune 7.26 and Rev T 6.64 0-60 times.

7211-0-60-7-26

7212-0-60-6-64

Last edited:

TheBlackHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the heads up TXSport...I just sent Hemifever an e-mail

Well hell since everyone is posting trinity times I guess I'll share Lol.....
20121111_055845.jpg

OP
OP
TXSport

TXSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really wasn't expecting that kind of gain. My truck is completely stock, except for the trinity!

I am actually surprised that the original release to this latest has that much of an impact on 0-60 times. I did 3 runs on each tune and that is the best time for each tune. Most runs were with in tenths of a second of each other.

One thing too is that before I wrote the tune to the truck I did NOT alter any settings as I wanted to see if there were any baseline changes.

I can see where some tweaking would generate bigger gains than the canned tune.

So as far as the latest Rev T that we got to try, the shifting is waaaaaay better on partial throttle and WOT is better too.

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you give Stu a call? What part of tx are you in? Austin area?

Galvatron-SX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Glad you're enjoying the Trinity. It's only going to get better as Diablosport makes their revisions!!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I have a T1000 on the way, makes me wonder, not that it really matters, if this is the best tune so far. I know they will constantly work on it, just curious and wonder what other changes will they enhance?.

So you like the newest version, truck feels like you spent the $600 wisely?

OP
OP
TXSport

TXSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ATXHEMI: I left Stu a message and have not heard back. Yes, i am in the Austin area. Out in Dripping Springs area.

Graygoose: My first impression left me feeling like I did not get what I paid for, however, I have dealt with DS before and know they get things fixed relatively quickly and now I am extremely happy with the results. Keep in mind I have not tweaked anything as of yet and am only running the canned tunes with NO modifications. I look forward to tweaking the tunes!!
This truck is my DD and I am not wanting to go too wild, but I still like to have fun with a truck that can really get after it!!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
thanks for feedback sir!!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
This is great news. Glad Diablo got to work so fast on getting the issues resolved.

movinalong

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
When my trinity came in it wouldn't even work on my 2011 then they updated on the 16th then it was well worth the money imo truck tears the tires off at any speed rolling in first an a 4ft long rubber trails when it hits second.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
When my trinity came in it wouldn't even work on my 2011 then they updated on the 16th then it was well worth the money imo truck tears the tires off at any speed rolling in first an a 4ft long rubber trails when it hits second.

I'm looking forward to some track times from you after the converter install.

movinalong

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm looking forward to some track times from you after the converter install.

I'm afraid track times aren't going to tell the full story traction is none existent until mid second lol. That's without the converter, 0-60 on the trinity is only 5.56ish that's no throttle till 30 then the tires go up in smoke.

XTR Performance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello every! We just wanted to let everyone know that the DiabloSport tunes will be available in a week. We have spoken to DiabloSport about this and will be offering a great price on the trinity! Let us know if you are interested.

-Chris

torq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
How are you guys doing this?! i have a 2011 ram hemi, Mopar cold air intake, magna flow cat back and the Diablo Trinity and i barely get a chirp out of the tires from dead stop hammered. my 0-60 time shows 7.32sec. my throttle plate slowly opens to 76% over the first 40mph with mds and traction control disabled and the 93oct tune

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
How are you guys doing this?! i have a 2011 ram hemi, Mopar cold air intake, magna flow cat back and the Diablo Trinity and i barely get a chirp out of the tires from dead stop hammered. my 0-60 time shows 7.32sec. my throttle plate slowly opens to 76% over the first 40mph with mds and traction control disabled and the 93oct tune

The OP has a regular cab with 4.56 gears. Those gears alone make a HUGE difference in off the line performance. Then once he installs his new tq converter, traction is going to be even more of a problem.