Trinity: The results are in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Green

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I received my Trinity on Monday and installed it right away. I noticed an immediate improvement in how the truck drove all around. THEN, I sent my tunes to Sean for him to work his magic and all I can say is wow. With his custom tune my throttle response, shifting, and all out performance has improved dramatically. My Ram's Hemi screams at WOT and I love it. As mentioned in another thread, octane does play a big part in the power these engines make. Up until yesterday, my Ram had only been getting 87 octane and had been running just fine. Between my mods thus far and my tune, 89 octane is more than just a good idea. My log revealed that while cruising, my Ram was suffering from severe knock retard. I usually fill up every two weeks and at only slightly less than half a tank, so it'll be a while before she's running straight 89 octane. Sean assured me that as my octane comes up, knock retard will go down and that no more tuning will be required (until I throw on some headers of course). Many thanks to Sean and his quick turnaround. Shipping was fast, Trinity works great, and the custom tunes rock my Hemi's world. I am one very satisfied customer!

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Glad to read your seeing positive results. where are you feeling the most increases in the RPM range ?

just curious can you post, or PM me a pic of how you modded your Airbox ? did mine but just curious to see what someone else did. sorry for the off topic request.

OP
OP
Big Green

Big Green

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've noticed an increase throughout the entire RPM range. It's hard to say just one area because it's a lot easier to get her moving from a dead stop and WOT is incredible now.

No worries. I can get you a pic tomorrow, but all I did was take a 4" hole saw to the bottom of it as I've seen some other people do when they were going to run duct work to draw in air from underneath the truck. I just left the hole there. I'm getting plenty of air flow with no chance of drawing in rain or even a small flood lol.

OP
OP
Big Green

Big Green

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We have 93 around here. Ethanol-free even. I just ran 87 because I only recently started modding. I might run the 93 tune eventually, but it's the 87 tune and 89 octane for right now.

Rock$tar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Im running the HemiFever tuning aswell with 91 octane (highest we have here)

and i have to stay its night and day difference from how the truck was stock.

When I get into the throttle the fuel economy is worse, but if i take it easy, its actually much better then stock also. I averaged 10.6 L/100km (22.2 USMPG) yesterday on a round trip on the highway from home to work. Some of you might be getting that now, but I also have a 6 inch lift :p

ReadyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318,360,Hemi 5.7
Can't wait to send my log in to Sean tomorrow, Vararam CAI just came in yesterday got my Diablo about 2 weeks ago.

OP
OP
Big Green

Big Green

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bro... bro... just... just bro. Run the 93, and don't worry about thanking me :happy160:

LMOA! Okay, okay... I'll start loading her up with 93 lol. Again, I hadn't started modding while running 87. Seems that pretty much everyone gets better mileage once they keep their foot out of the gas. I take it easy on my Ram and would like to get a bit more MPG from her. Didn't get her with mileage in mind, but every bit helps you know. Difference in mileage could pay for the increase in octane. Guess time will tell. Sean sent me two tunes, one for 87 and one for 93. Dude knows what he is doing, that's for sure. Maybe even psychic because he knew I'd eventually use the 93 octane tune lol. Just have to wait a few tanks to get my base octane rating up before switching to the 93.

BTW Rock$tar, what gears do you have getting that kind of mileage with the tune?

redsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.5 Ecoboost
Damn! I wish we had 93 here, I'd like to see if there's much difference between it and 91. I should just see if he could do up a 93 for me and just drive to the ONE station I know has it. Do you guys think it matters if its 10% ethanol? If not then I guess I know of two.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DMAN this is tempting. I would love more power but running 91 in this pig seems like a waste as it's mostly a kid hauler. Switching 89-91 prior to towing seems like a PITA.
Does Sean do 91 tunes if asked?

Glad to hear its a day/night change ad you're enjoying it.

Question Big Green- with that 4" hole in the airbox do you notice a difference in engine volume (through the airbox) at WOT?
I used to have a CAI on my car at WOT is was L-O-U-D. I can;t imagine the equivalent with this hemi when towing- that would get tiring real quick.

OP
OP
Big Green

Big Green

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The difference isn't so much in volume as it is in sound/tone. She is loud at WOT, but around town she has good manners. Just right is how I'd describe it. Plus, I love how if she was at the dealer for one of their free oil changes, they can't tell a thing unless they checked my air filter. You can tell she isn't stock, but it wasn't enough to trigger my wife's "what did you do to your truck" senses lol. The Ram just lets me know she's breathing better.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't you add octane booster to 91 octane to get it to 93?

Most octane boosters you find in auto parts stores raise octane around 4-5 points. A point = 1/10th of a unit which is what we measure gasoline octane ratings in, e.g, 89, 91 or 93.
Some better boosters may boost a tank as much as 7 points (Amsoil) but you'd still need 3 bottles to get from 91 to 93,1- and I'm not sure thats a good idea, and DEF not financially viable.

monettejb

2018 Hydro Blue Edition Ram 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet! Same here. Hoping I can get a similar increase myself then.

How can I find this out? Window sticker was not in the truck when I bought it? Anyone know what might be on the rear end number wise? Im assuming mine has 3.55 in it but who knows.

OP
OP
Big Green

Big Green

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your truck has option code DMH, then you have a 3.92 rear axle.

CashDollarJack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
good stuff going around in here. Ive been reading up on the tuners and everyones insights. I strictly run 93 and I have no mods or anything yet. Looking into a tuner. intake and exhaust. cant wait to see the outcome of the thoughts ive put together. Thanks to everyone and keep up the great work.

OP
OP
Big Green

Big Green

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't go out and check at the moment, but they should be listed on a sticker around the driver's door jamb somewhere.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
good stuff going around in here. Ive been reading up on the tuners and everyones insights. I strictly run 93 and I have no mods or anything yet. Looking into a tuner. intake and exhaust. cant wait to see the outcome of the thoughts ive put together. Thanks to everyone and keep up the great work.

Wasteing your money for now without out it being tuned for it...It would be like haven an extra 3 inches on your tally wacker and being a str8 man goin to a *** bar..Nice ta have but useless..lol