Trinity T1000 vs Pedal Commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was just about to buy the Pedal Commander yesterday then saw the Trinity for sale in the FS section here.

Does this do the same thing for throttle response the PCommander does out of the box or do you have to run a custom tune for it to do that?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With the Trinity you can change the throttle response just like the pedal commander. You can change the throttle response on the stock tune, canned tunes, or custom tunes. A lot more options with the Trinity than the pedal commander.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The "normal" throttle adjustment that a custom tuner will give you with a tuner is about 20%. In my experience the increase in acceleration you get from the pedal commander is a lot more than a tune. The pedal commander can also be adjusted "on the fly" where a tuner can not be. You can run a custom tune and the pedal commander at the same time and in my opinion they compliment each other very well. The pedal commander is a little cheaper than the tuner if you have to buy the ECU in addition to the tuner(15's and newer). The pedal commander has only one function--increase the acceleration, whereas a tuner has many other functions including the throttle adjustment.
Jay

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The "normal" throttle adjustment that a custom tuner will give you with a tuner is about 20%. In my experience the increase in acceleration you get from the pedal commander is a lot more than a tune. The pedal commander can also be adjusted "on the fly" where a tuner can not be. You can run a custom tune and the pedal commander at the same time and in my opinion they compliment each other very well. The pedal commander is a little cheaper than the tuner if you have to buy the ECU in addition to the tuner(15's and newer). The pedal commander has only one function--increase the acceleration, whereas a tuner has many other functions including the throttle adjustment.
Jay
Thanks Jay

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

stoviAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Trinity > pedal comander

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hemissary

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope everyone realizes - all either function is doing is commanding the throttle body to open more than normal. There is no extra HP / TQ being produced...its a placebo effect. In other words, your foot can do the same without either device

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't think anyone has said nor are there any claims of increased horsepower or torque associated with the pedal commander. It is designed to electronically increase the speed at which your throttle responds, removing any "throttle lag" you have in a stock configuration. Your foot cannot produce the same results. Is your opinion based on your use of the pedal commander? If not, please explain your basis for comparison along with any documentary evidence you have to support your position. There are probably a couple hundred of us that would be anxious to hear why we have spent our money for no good reason.
Jay

Last edited:

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
If the cost was the same or similar between the two I would HIGHLY recommend getting the Trinity over the Pedal Commander. Since yours is a 2012 you don't need to do a PCM swap and the Trinity will allow you to properly tune the engine which will result in a real and measurable increase in horsepower and torque and give you the ability to modify that tune for any future modifications.

The PC will change the throttle response on the fly, which is awesome, but it doesn't increase horsepower and if you want to do any future mods you'll be looking for a tuner/programmer anyways so I would bite the bullet now and get the Trinity.

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I would get both honestly. Tuner, and complete control and the ability to fine tune your throttle response exactly where you want it. Best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Again in order to give a true fair assessment you would need to tell us what you want out of this deal. The Pedal Commander isn't limited if what you want is to have a MORE responsive pedal feel. If you are looking for increased horsepower, then the PC shouldn't even be on your radar. For me all I lacked was that feeling when hitting my pedal. I now have that and for the Pedal Commander purchase solely, I am happy...

F.O.F

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Again in order to give a true fair assessment you would need to tell us what you want out of this deal. The Pedal Commander isn't limited if what you want is to have a MORE responsive pedal feel. If you are looking for increased horsepower, then the PC shouldn't even be on your radar. For me all I lacked was that feeling when hitting my pedal. I now have that and for the Pedal Commander purchase solely, I am happy...

F.O.F

To be honest... I liked the idea of on the fly changing.. I just thought since I have the ported TB and the intake might as well grab the trinity over the PC but wasn't sure.

stoviAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope everyone realizes - all either function is doing is commanding the throttle body to open more than normal. There is no extra HP / TQ being produced...its a placebo effect. In other words, your foot can do the same without either device
No kidding.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Goodcat10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 4wd 6 spd 25k mi
Engine
greetings,,,soo by all I've read here the PC is compatible w/my diablo I3 on my 14 ram 1500 5.7 just to clarify,,,regards,,,goodcat

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6

From Wikipedia "A placebo is a substance or treatment with no active therapeutic effect. A placebo may be given to a person in order to deceive the recipient into thinking that it is an active treatment."

I don't have a PC but do want to get one because the PC is in fact intercepting the computer signal from the gas pedal and sending to the engine far faster than the stock configuration from the factory simply by pushing the gas pedal. This is not just happening because people "believe" it is but is in fact actually true so a placebo isn't quite the right analogy but I understand what you were trying to get at.

The PC from what I can tell translates the physical motion of pushing the gas pedal into different "responses" (ie: timing intervals to the throttle probably in milliseconds) that you can control to provide quicker acceleration. Without it you get what the FCA lawyers determined was a "safe" level of acceleration they could defend in court in case they get sued.

I love my new Ram but the acceleration sucks for merging onto the freeway and just anytime you need quick acceleration without having to floor it which still takes more time then it should. Car manufacturers are never going to include this kind of control becasue they don't want to assume the liability so it's up to third parties to provide it and then let the owners assume the risk if it's misused. I think it's a great product and look forward to getting one in the future.

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO and it is MHO-----Most of the people that are talking ******** about the pedal Commander don't even have one or have not tried one. There are only a couple of people that have posted saying that they don't like the results after they have purchased one. For the last time(I hope) THE PEDAL COMMANDER DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR HORSEPOWER OR TORQUE. The function of the Pedal Commander is to decrease the acceleration lag you might experience in your Ram. It is designed to electronically increase the speed at which your throttle responses. Nothing more-nothing less! It does not perform miracles, but it sure makes your truck more fun to drive in my opinion. If you think your truck accelerates just fine and you're satisfied with it, don't spend the money on the Pedal Commander. Sorry, I guess I'm just grumpy today.
Jay

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. I totally agree and tell others on a daily basis if you want to “ bump up “ your power, this is not the one. But for everyone that I have suggested this to and have purchased it, not one single complaint.

Father Of Four

RAYDEL PORTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I honestly dont drive in a burning rubber way so im not sure what lag you guys talking about cuz i just dont step on the gas too hard or fast. Not with 2 fully loaded car seats in the back but i just want to see what guys with pc talk about. Lol