Truck starts then dies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
the issue has to do with getting it to crank. when it cranks it will fire right up, no hesitation. but then immediately dies. my trunk won't just crank over when I turn the fob. I have to slowly turn my fob and hit a certain spot to even get it to crank.

Sounds like that's an issue with the fob and fob "port". IIRC there was a recall issued for that. Not sure if it pertains to your year, but my truck had a build date of 11/13 and it was affected.

OP
OP
BoomerRam

BoomerRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
where can I find out about that recall? my truck build date is 12-10

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
where can I find out about that recall? my truck build date is 12-10

I think there's a member on here with the user name RamCares. Actually I think it's multiple people manning a single username, but PM them. They will be able to assist you with that. They are basically Mopar customer service.

OP
OP
BoomerRam

BoomerRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just spoke to a dealer here. they claim no ram had a key fob or win recall lol

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

T-Revs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If possible, see if you can get your hands on a scantool that allows you to read Key position. See if it reads CRANK when you're attempting to crank or if it stays in RUN. Also try with another fob if you got one.

OP
OP
BoomerRam

BoomerRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you guys are awesome. thank you so very much for all the advice

DevRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, not sure if you have resolved your issue yet but I had a 2008 that started stalling out on me. After being without it for 3 months or so it turned out being a bad torque converter. I was out of warranty when I did my work so the biggest problem was doing a flash on the transmission. But after the TC, flash and some driving it was finally running like it should. Not telling you to tear into your tranny!! But it a weird issue I had to deal with and hopefully it helps