True dual exhaust 4th gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Has anyone done true dual exhaust on 4th gen. I now know that stock is 2.5" from engine then 3" into muffler and dual 2.25" out of muffler. I am looking to do an x-pipe up front and a 22" or larger magnaflow in the current location. Trying to decide between two round mufflers, two oval or one oval with dual in dual out. Feedback or insight from past experience would be much appreciated.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
If you go with a single in/dual out, I believe the Magnaflows have an X pipe built into the muffler itself...so I dont believe a second X pipe would be needed...If you are dead set on going true duals, then I would just go with the X pipe or H pipe up front with dual mufflers.

OP
OP
smiley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
They do make dual in/dual out without x inside and with. I am thinking and xpipe up front and 2 of the mufflers below.
Magnaflow.png

Last edited:

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
I think you'd be good to go there...as you probably know there is really only one thing to decide when picking a muffler or mufflers...and that is deciding what you want from your exhaust. Do you want performance or sound...it appears you are more performance minded, so picking the Magnaflow is certainly a good choice...it would either have to be Magnaflow or Borla for a performance decision.

I know mine is a second gen, but I was more into sound...so I went with a Dynomax Race Bullet...

mitchman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you are going "true duals" 2 22" mufflers is ridiculous. Drop those to some 14's.

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know I'm a little late to this discussion but on my 05 I put the Magnaflow with the X pipe inside, dual in dual out, and got rid of the Y pipe, it sounded great, got lots of compliments on it. It also didn't have resenators on it.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I ran a X-pipe into a dual in dual out magnaflow muffler in my 2008 Ram. I picked that route becaue it one gave me the sound I wanted and two created enough back pressure in the exhaust to elimanite the dreaded drone noise when the MDS cuts in.

Here is a link of it.

‪2008 Dodge Ram Magnaflow‬‏ - YouTube

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye