Tuner/DEF question. 13 Ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kcbbdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
Bought a 2013 ram 2500 cummins a couple weeks ago and has bullydog installed. Check engine light was on when I bought it. They reflashed the computer because it wasn't recognizing a sensor associated with the def system. Uninstalled the tuner before they did the work so it didn't get locked out. ( Not my first time) got the truck back and reinstalled the tune and light came back on. Reflashed at dealer fixed same problem. Took the bullydog off and updated it. Question is, is the update gonna do the same thing again? Would have to pay the dealer more than likely this time for the reflash. Known problem?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

kcbbdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
And yes I know tuners. Not for diesles though, but run multiple cars for drag racing on Diablos tuners. First diesel I've owned and bought it for hauling my cars to the track. Thanks for any help.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Did you get the code read before they reflashed the PCM?

OP
OP
K

kcbbdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
Yeah it was something to do with the ammonia sensor.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If it comes up again, get the specific code number they pull off your PCM. I think we can diagnose is from there.