Tuner question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram_Fish1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 BigHorn CC 4x4
Engine
5.7L
I know nothing or less about tuners to open with. My neighbor just bought a Diablo tuner and tuned his Pontiac g8, said he could add another vehicle for 150$, is this even an option for my 2013 hemi, if so what would I need?

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
yes u can if the tuner is an I2. you dont need anything but the license

tuned by Jay Greene

OP
OP
Ram_Fish1

Ram_Fish1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 BigHorn CC 4x4
Engine
5.7L
Nothing but give him a $150 for the extra tuning license. Its easy & cheaper than buying another hand held programmer. I tuned my truck, the neighbors, my friends & soon to be my wife's Grand Cherokee like this

http://www.diablosport.com/licenses/
Wow now mods are chasing me down in front of my house, there goes $150, lol, thanks for time spent responding and links guys

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You might consider a cold air intake and a freer flowing exhaust to take advantage of the programming that is available through the programmer.

And...consider a custom tune. You'll have to borrow the programmer to log your truck's parameters, email those logs to a tuner like Hemifever or Jay Greene, they'll tweak the tune file and send it to you. You load it and log again. You'll do this two or three times.

Why do I recommend a custom tune? While the "canned tunes" available in the programmer are nice, the custom tunes are head and shoulders above the canned tunes. They really, really wake the truck up.

OP
OP
Ram_Fish1

Ram_Fish1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 BigHorn CC 4x4
Engine
5.7L
You might consider a cold air intake and a freer flowing exhaust to take advantage of the programming that is available through the programmer.

And...consider a custom tune. You'll have to borrow the programmer to log your truck's parameters, email those logs to a tuner like Hemifever or Jay Greene, they'll tweak the tune file and send it to you. You load it and log again. You'll do this two or three times.

Why do I recommend a custom tune? While the "canned tunes" available in the programmer are nice, the custom tunes are head and shoulders above the canned tunes. They really, really wake the truck up.
Thanks for advice, exhaust is on the list for this summer. Been stalking carven and magnaflow, don't want loud just better. Not really trying to race, but I figured why the hell not if I can get decent performance gains, and a little more power in my right foot.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your doin an exhaust for performance,a cat back or just a muffler will give you no gains...Changeing the headers and adding cat back will..

OP
OP
Ram_Fish1

Ram_Fish1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 BigHorn CC 4x4
Engine
5.7L
If your doin an exhaust for performance,a cat back or just a muffler will give you no gains...Changeing the headers and adding cat back will..
My response was kind of a run on now that I 're read it, the canned tune was what I meant will be for little better performance,
The exhaust is more just for my ears. Hate how quiet stock is, but getting a lil off topic. Thanks