Tuner! Is it worth it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
So im debating on getting a Diablo Sport tuner! But is it worth it?? I have a 2012 just an fyi and im worried when the tunes will be released!!?? What kind of gains will I see from it? Is it worth it for a DD? Any harm come from them?...thanks guys/gals!

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
umm my dd loves my dsp... well i love it:D

IMO on these hemis its deff worth it, on my 4.7 it was deff debatable

XTR Performance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are 100% worth it... it completely changes the car. Maps will be released next week!

-Chris

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
They are 100% worth it... it completely changes the car. Maps will be released next week!

-Chris

Your the reason I made this thread haha..got me wanting one!..Ill be off work in about two hours and Ill be PM'ing you to finish our deal lol!

dtru1222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will believe it when I see it...

I nearly bought one when they announced they would be releasing at SEMA. If I had, then I would have been one very pissed off individual.

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Sure is. Just the ability to change tire sizes, octane canned tunes, custom tuning, doing elapsed times, array of parameters to monitor makes it a nice investment.

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I just want to be certain tunes will be released...thats all!!

dsent

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
6.7 cummins diesel
A word of caution about tuners!!

Hello Guys

A tuner will help with performance and fuel economy depending on what your needs and wants are.

I have 6.7 Cummins and I will be buying a tuner after my warranty runs out for better fuel economy. Tuners offer more monitoring for you engine and this is important if you are using a tuner mainly for performance enhancement for lower et's.

My dealer has made it know that they do not care if I have a tuner installed, but they said to make sure it is set back to stock before bringing the truck for service and out of sight.

WORD OF CAUTION,IF YOUR WARRANTY MATTERS TO YOU!!

I have been reading that DODGE is VOIDING WARRANTY'S, ITS NOT UP TO THE DEALERS!!!

If your dealers records show they have flashed the ECM because certain things needed updates, there is a record of this.

Every time you do or change a tune it flashes your ecm and this is recorded where your tuner CAN NOT ZERO the number of times it shows your ECM has been flashed!!

If say your motor blows up and you try to take it back and cry bad product looking for warranty coverage for your repair, you are screwed!!!

If the dealer shows they flashed the ECM only 3 times and your ECM says its been fashed more you are out in the cold with broke maybe expensive repairs.

Just thought I would mention this to any one thinking of a tuner.

Regards
Don

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Yeah but there's not much I can do with it until tunes are released, am I right??

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which will be next week lol. You can still play around with the gauges and such I think!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I will be getting a DSP when it comes time to buy a tuner.
So that it'll work with that S/C that I also need to buy.

And adjust for the 34" tires. Luckily I don't need to worry about the 4.56 gears.

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I spoke with mike from dsp today and he said all he can say is "soon" and I said so soon could be 6 months. From now. And he told me it would not be that long of a wait. I kept getting the soon speech.

But I'm just about ready to buy one. But I do want some type of straight answer or for it to be released before I buy

dtru1222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gauges do not work on the '12s and this is the first person who has claimed they are being released next week.

I am watching this closely and I hope it is true but I will not pay for a $600 paperweight.

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I spoke with mike from dsp today and he said all he can say is "soon" and I said so soon could be 6 months. From now. And he told me it would not be that long of a wait. I kept getting the soon speech.

But I'm just about ready to buy one. But I do want some type of straight answer or for it to be released before I buy

Gauges do not work on the '12s and this is the first person who has claimed they are being released next week.

I am watching this closely and I hope it is true but I will not pay for a $600 paperweight.

I am itching to buy one! And I will trust me, but I don't want to buy it until I get a straight answer/release date like SMR101 said!..I dont want to just buy one and stare at it until tunes are released lol...

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i would definitely buy one..... it's like you're not getting the most out of your truck without it. and if you get a custom tune, watch out! you'll fall in love with your truck all over again