Tuner! Is it worth it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I will be getting a DSP when it comes time to buy a tuner.
So that it'll work with that S/C that I also need to buy.

And adjust for the 34" tires. Luckily I don't need to worry about the 4.56 gears.

Don't need it for gears does nothing. I have tried with setting changed and not changed no difference. Just speedo adjust and MDS adjust are worth it for me.

$miley

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Well ill be getting one! Just as soon as the word is legit!! Date or release of tunes!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't need it for gears does nothing. I have tried with setting changed and not changed no difference. Just speedo adjust and MDS adjust are worth it for me.

$miley

That's what I meant, I don't need to adjust for gears.
Speed sensor is on the diff, not the tailshaft.

XTR Performance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gauges do not work on the '12s and this is the first person who has claimed they are being released next week.

I am watching this closely and I hope it is true but I will not pay for a $600 paperweight.

Good news... the pre-release is way under $600... shoot me a PM :)

-Chris

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Spoke with the service manager at DiabloSport. Tunes are 100% being released NEXT week! This is exactly what they told us.

-Chris

I spoke with a rep from DiabloSport and got the same answer as SMR101.."soon". I know its coming but I want to wait until it does to buy a tuner..that way they can work out the flaws too!

XTR Performance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I spoke with a rep from DiabloSport and got the same answer as SMR101.."soon". I know its coming but I want to wait until it does to buy a tuner..that way they can work out the flaws too!

That's what they are doing now! "Working out the flaws" That's exactly why the maps aren't available yet to the public. Just let us know when you are ready though. The price is going up next week to normal pricing :(

-Chris

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
That's what they are doing now! "Working out the flaws" That's exactly why the maps aren't available yet to the public. Just let us know when you are ready though. The price is going up next week to normal pricing :(

-Chris

I hope they are lol..we 2012 guys are ready lol!!...Ill take my chances and keep waiting! When its about to be released/released we will all know for sure! Then Ill be all over one! Unless I come across a deal I cant pass up :)

XTR Performance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope they are lol..we 2012 guys are ready lol!!...Ill take my chances and keep waiting! When its about to be released/released we will all know for sure! Then Ill be all over one! Unless I come across a deal I cant pass up :)

The deal I gave you should be something you can't pass up! It's never going to be like that again! :(

-Chris

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
The deal I gave you should be something you can't pass up! It's never going to be like that again! :(

-Chris

Your being a true salesman arent ya haha....keep it coming you almost got me lol! Im really debating it!!

dtru1222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have read other places that it is mandatory to sell them at $600 and if someone is selling them for less then diablo will not satisfy warrantys. They have a whole section of their website that shows unauthorized vendors that were caught selling them for cheaper.

Again thats just what I have read.

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I have read other places that it is mandatory to sell them at $600 and if someone is selling them for less then diablo will not satisfy warrantys. They have a whole section of their website that shows unauthorized vendors that were caught selling them for cheaper.

Again thats just what I have read.

Read that myself as well..kinda has me thinking

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
A tuner is the single best performance mod you can do to your truck. The performance gains alone will make it feel like a different truck, but tall the other features included in the Trinity are icing on the cake. You can easily rack up $400 in aftermarket gauges to monitor your engine, but the Trinity will monitor just about every parameter you can think of. And as many of the guys here have already shown, the virtual dragstrip is alot of fun to play with. It can be hard to get to a dragstrip on the weekends, so its nice to be able to play around with 0-60 and 1/4 mile times right on your Trinity's monitor.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Tuner is nothing compared to gear swap. IMO 4.56 gears are most noticeable mod.

$miley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
That's what I meant, I don't need to adjust for gears.
Speed sensor is on the diff, not the tailshaft.

You are smart I just know a lot of people have been confused by that fact obviously your are not one of them sorry about that.

$miley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
My truck must be special then because it hates any none stock tune idles bad and makes pedal response weird. Tuned stock with just speedo adjust and of course gears it dominates. I can spin the 35" tires with ease and have to be careful so I don't waste them. I use to have 3.55 with peg leg.

$miley

ramtruck4life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depends on who you talk to. 3.55 none lsd to 4.10s, made a difference, but it wasn't what I was thinking of gains wise when it came down to it. I still can't burn the tires off of it from a dead stop... Trq management and TC not being able to be completely disabled cuts the nuts off these trucks. :banghead:

If you want to 100% disable your TC, all you need to do is pull the ABS pump fuse.. If kills everything.. It's awesome !!

Let me know how it works for you if you end up doing it ??

2nazt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Big Horn
Engine
I'm glad I'm in AFG I don't have to be tempted to buy a tuner yet and I get to see the results from everyone that gets one! I am excited to hear the release is "soon" though now they need to do the 4.56 gears and a lsd or lockers for the 12's :)