Turbo cooler 3500Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I found out the hard way that the turbo cooler is not protected by the bumper only a plastic air dam. Passenger side support bracket was bent back 2inches pinching off the cooler hose. I used a pine tree and a log chain to pull the bracket toward its original position to unpinch the hose. New bracket is ordered and will be available Monday.

Has anyone ever changed out the support bracket? Will it be as simple as removing the two bolts and putting the new bracket in place? Or is there a major nightmare ahead for me?

Thanks for any information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
G

GWRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Update,

There are actually 3 bolts. 2 bolts are easy access holding the support bracket to the frame. The third bolt that goes through the cooler mount bushing is a royal pain to get to. I had to remove the wheel well liner to gain access. An angle coupler and a number of extensions later and the bolt was removed. The under bumper trim piece had to be loosened from the fender to the license plate holder to get the damaged support bracket out. Most time of the project was spent removing and replacing the wheel well liner.

Hope this information helps someone in the future.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like 3 beers and at least 2 ****** knuckles later-