Upgraded Throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So, as I continue to research and work on my 2014 1500 CC, I am looking at options for an upgraded throttle body. I have seen and read a lot of good things about the Moe's unit, but I have also seen some others floating around out there. I have a tuner that can account for any of the options, so that isn't a problem/factor in the decision. What is the best option out there when running a custom tune?

Before someone chimes in with "buy a Pedal Commander instead of a TB," that mod is on the build roadmap already.

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Crap, was in the wrong area when i posted. Can a Moderator please move this thread, sorry.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Non buist person here, I've heard from very knowledgeable builders that fastman has better quality TB then moes, just something to look into, not trying to bash moes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Non buist person here, I've heard from very knowledgeable builders that fastman has better quality TB then moes, just something to look into, not trying to bash moes

I used to buy Fastman TBs before jumping to Moe's. For the newer units, I've actually read the opposite, that the Fastman units have issues more often than Moe's units. However, I have honestly never had issues with either.

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks guys for the input. Moe's had originally the plan because it was "plug and play" without the need for tuning, but since i have the ability to adjust the tune now, i wanted to make sure there weren't other options out there that may net better results with a custom tune. I know this isn't an end-all be-all mod, but want to make sure i'm putting the right parts on.
Really appreciate all the feedback i get back on this site. It is a great sanity check.