Upgrading muffler for better soundt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A couple of weeks ago I was also looking for a muffler that would give my Ram a more aggressive loud sound and was told to look up the 14" magnaglow, so I did. After watching countless youtube videos on sound I ended up pulling the trigger on in. Some people even said it was too loud for them. I have absolutely no clue how this pipe could ever be considered too loud. I was actually kind of let down after I installed it. I didn't get the sound that I wanted. Don't get me wrong, it sounds nice and has a mellow tone to it, but I'm from the south. I wanted something that turns heads, but at the same time keep my wife from killing me after she went deaf. :flipthebird:

Yea I always find it funny when I see post of the 14" Magnaflow being too loud. Its too quiet. I called Mufflex to see if they would build a set up w/ a 6" Magnaflow Race Muffler and the guy acted like an ass & wouldnt consider it. He suggested I should go w/ the muffler delete. I dont want a muffler delete. I Iove the sound of the 6" muffler. I wish they would build it

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I always find it funny when I see post of the 14" Magnaflow being too loud. Its too quiet. I called Mufflex to see if they would build a set up w/ a 6" Magnaflow Race Muffler and the guy acted like an ass & wouldnt consider it. He suggested I should go w/ the muffler delete. I dont want a muffler delete. I Iove the sound of the 6" muffler. I wish they would build it

Have you guys considered the Carven Competitor kit? Sounds like it should meet your needs.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you guys considered the Carven Competitor kit? Sounds like it should meet your needs.

Yup. Same a muffler delete just more money and do not like the butt joints of the Carven. Would rather have a slip fit connection. Even though the 6" muffler is small it still muffles the unwanted tones of straight pipe that the Competitor doesnt

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome and congrats on the nice truck!!
I got the Flowmaster Outlaw direct replacement muffler on my truck and I am extremely happy with it. It's super loud on cold start, but quiets down after a bit.
Nice and aggressive when you get on it. Expensive piece though. :crazy:
Good luck!

OP
OP
M

Minotaur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was looking at the widowmaker, but its on back order and I'm impatient. So probably gonna just go with race venom.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't find Carven on your site.....

Yeah, sorry we don't have Carven products listed yet but I can quote you via PM. Plus thru PM quotes is how you get Forum special pricing anyway.

PM me with what you are interested in with your vehicle info and shipping address and I will gladly quote a discounted price shipped to your door!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO--If you install an aftermarket muffler, when your truck goes into MDS it will most likely sound like **** and you will notice some(some more than others)drone. The only thing that made my 22" Magnaflow sound better is installing Moe's 5" tips, which made the tone a lot lower and gave it a more rumble sound. Lots of people disagree with this but this has been my experience with my last three 4th Gen Rams.
Jay