Upper intake tube for 2014 ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohio chris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Has anyone found an aftermarket upper intake tube only from engine to the stock airbox for sale. Thanks in advance.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yeah, moe's has one by leg maker or something like that. I think it's not at all cheap though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Looking for one too. Legmaker is to much but looks cool. Airaid makes one but only certain years and not many for the 5.7 1500.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think Legmaker is $300+
Jay

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
That's why I just did the s and b with snorkel. About the same price...

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Save your money. The legmaker will not fit with the engine cover in place.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What are the advantages of running this over the stock tubing ?

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Stock tubing is not smooth throughout the inside...it's like corregated black drainage pipe. The S&B and leg maker are smooth to allow the most airflow into the throttle body. I paired mine into Moes 87mm. It's a real nice set up
And u cannot tell it apart from the oem unit. This is the way to go!!! With the S&B intake and snorkel you just about double the stock setup!!! Pair that with an opened up exhaust and custom tune and ur good to go.:happy107:

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stock tubing is not smooth throughout the inside...it's like corregated black drainage pipe. The S&B and leg maker are smooth to allow the most airflow into the throttle body. I paired mine into Moes 87mm. It's a real nice set up
And u cannot tell it apart from the oem unit. This is the way to go!!! With the S&B intake and snorkel you just about double the stock setup!!! Pair that with an opened up exhaust and custom tune and ur good to go.:happy107:

Have been curious about the snorkel. Do you feel its worth the extra hundo?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are threads by members that have cut a hole in the bottom of the stock box and bought tubing etc from like Home Depot and run the tubing to the front of their truck behind or beneath the grille forcing "clean cooler air" into the stock air box. This mod's seems to force more air into the stock system.
Jay

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
There are threads by members that have cut a hole in the bottom of the stock box and bought tubing etc from like Home Depot and run the tubing to the front of their truck behind or beneath the grille forcing "clean cooler air" into the stock air box. This mod's seems to force more air into the stock system.
Jay
Why would anyone do that? I get more air flow but you are deenginering the intake and cutting up your truck. Just stay stock if you can't afford it impo. These trucks are well built from the factory.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Haven't had any trouble with the snorkel, water, snow,etc...I run the S&B dry filter with their filter sock. It's the best CAI system unless you go with Vararam

Attachments

• IMG_4336.jpg
    IMG_4336.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I dont have my truck anymore as it was a leased 2013 ( returned it last year ). Having a year of no truck payments allowed me to increase my monthly savings to buy a house which is so worth the sacrifice.

What I did was bought my buddy about $12 dollars worth of Taco Bell ( LMAO ) in exchange for his OEM intake tube off his 2014. He bought the S&B kit. I cut the accordion section of the tube out. Then fitted a piece of painted PVC pipe and sealed it together. I also drilled a 3" hole in the bottom of my air box and ran a 4" dryer ducting down to the bumper where the tow hook would be ( Express Model ). I took an oil funnel and cut and shaped it to fit the available tow hook space. Then to merge the 4" dryer ducting to the 3" hole in the air box I cut down another funnel to act sort of as a velocity stack sort of LOL. It is not as pretty when you open the hood no, but think about it this way.

Your hood is not open when your foot is on the floor :D !!!!!!!

I tested the dryer ducting ram air with a leaf blower at various lengths away from the vehicle. I placed a small towel in the air box while open to see if the towel would blow off and it did.

Now whether or not I actually made any sort of positive impact on performance or not. The fact that I only spent $46, 3 beers, and 2 hours of my Saturday afternoon tinkering on my truck. I was happy with the end result.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
That will work just fine...true ram air!!!