Valvoline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trooper2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked in the Synthetic thread and saw that not many use Valvoline Oil. It meets the 6395 requirement and is a full synthetic. Just wonder why so may don't seem to use it. Also does anyone have any opinions about the purlator boss oil filter. Sorry to post this here but the other thread was 1000's of pages.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Read this Trooper pdf, for whatever reason Valvoline is one of the very few major oil companies to not use moly. Read the link, if you feel moly is not necessary, then run Valvoline, many guys do. At one point recently, the last 6 cam fails IN A ROW on the board were non moly oils, 2 of those Valvoline. There is plenty of evidence these engines benefit from Moly. I seek to inform, not judge.

As temperatures rise, non moly oils friction of coefficient goes up, those with moly go down, pretty simple.

OP
OP
T

Trooper2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies. Mind blown:crazy: on the link to the oil research. Also thanks for the info about moly. I will be returning the Valvoline tomorrow. I will keep the Boss Purlator filter though.