Vararam Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I finally got my Vararam intake installed. I initially got one for xmas from my wife and sons, but it was for the pre '13. So back it went and the correct one ordered.

The install wasn't too bad, but those directions that come with it are the worst. I read on here that they left a lot to be desired and that was spot on. It's not rocket science, but it could have been alot easier.

At least I didn't get one with the missing air sensor hole in the coupler. I was a little disappointed that the clamps for the coupler were way oversized. I had a good 2+ inches of band sticking out after tightening them down. I ended cutting the excess off, but you'd think that they would have been sized correctly for the coupler.

Anyhow, I really like the look of it and was amazed at the space freed up from taking the stock box out. I'll have to consider what to use the space for... maybe an extra battery.

Performance wise, I haven't had much of a chance to play with it. Honestly, I mainly got it for the looks. :happy107:

picture.php

picture.php

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
I got the hemi orange one too. It's cool as all get up aint it? I had a friend cut me a vinyl graphic decal for it too. I love it!

sent from galaxy S7 edge using tapatalk

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
3c6acce4bd73fbbbb054dec9905d1aa0.jpg

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
My bighorn is granite crystal too. Love the color.

OP
OP
swine

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll probably put something on the lid, I'm just not sure what yet.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
You'll hear the difference when you mash the gas pedal. I love how much room it opens up on the passenger side of the engine bay.

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Every time I see one of these I want it. Did you have to do any trimming? Also what do you mean by (at least you didn't get one with the missing sensor hole) is this a problem with some of them? Looks awesome by the way

OP
OP
swine

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Every time I see one of these I want it. Did you have to do any trimming? Also what do you mean by (at least you didn't get one with the missing sensor hole) is this a problem with some of them? Looks awesome by the way

The only trimming I had to do was to the cover on top of the radiator. Some people just remove it, but it looks cleaner trimmed and put back in place. The reason it has to be removed or trimmed is because that's where the air flow enters the filter housing. It can be trimmed with a utility knife.

While doing research on this I came across several posts where people complained that the coupler shipped without the hole for the air sensor. I think it may have been a fluke batch that got shipped, but I wouldn't have been pleased if I had got one like that.

naumaa1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the vararam add a lot of engine noise?

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Not alot, but it is slightly more than the stock airbox. It sounds very nice!