Vararam Installed! Finally lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed my vararam today on my 2016. It was sent with 2009-12 instructions. Spent thirty minutes looking for a horn that wasn't their to find out that Part of the install was for 2009-12 only. Install wasn't hard but instructions were total crap. I finished up and turned on the truck. Revved it a few times and it sounded like it was taking in deep breaths when I hit the throttle. Unplugged the battery per instructions. Have about an hour left before I drive it. Fitment seems kinds of sketchy but from what I've read the hood closing seals the vararam. It seems to be a tad higher on the passenger side but I'm hoping once the hood shuts it fixes it. I have noticed the hood needs a little more pressure to close now as well. My 2 cents is if you are going to do this try and do it on a weekday where you can get tech support if needed. Like I said, instructions for me were very bad. Here is how it is sitting on that hose. Seems to be causing it to sit higher on passenger side. Is this right or did I do something wrong

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 51

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Yeah, mine sat like that at first, but settled in nicely.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The hose on the right hand side, I used a tie wrap and pulled it down a little bit and that helped level the Vararam. Also the hood closing a little harder is because the hood is sealing up against the rubber gasket at the top of the Vararan. After a few days you will see an indentation on the hood insulation where it pushes down against the rubber gasket.
Jay

Last edited:
OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The hose on the right hand side, I used a tie wrap and pulled it down a little bit and that helped level the Vararam. Also the hood closing a little harder is because the hood is sealing up against the rubber gasket at the top of the Vararan. After a few days you will see an indentation on the hood insulation where it pushes down against the rubber gasket.
Jay

Awesome info man. Thanks ! I was a Little concerned something was wrong with how loose it is around the front of the radiator on the passenger side. Guess the hood tightens things up