Vararam Seal Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, I noticed when went to clean my vararam air filter today my filter wasn't fully down and sealed like it should. So I was thinking maybe the bolts ontop come loose and you have to tighten them? (I heard big tk overtighten them either. Or does this issues possibly have to do with the seal? IMG_3288.JPGIMG_3289.JPGIMG_3290.JPG I noticed as you can see there's some residue that looks like glue that was leftover And it made me think the rubber/foam seal is out of place/slid when the engine bay was hot?

Also I checked out my throttle body and I'm not sure if it's time for it to be cleaned or not, when I put my finger under the flap I get some black on my fingers but nothing really thick or caked in there. From the outside of it it looks good though. I have 43k miles and a catch can to help mitigate and TB issues IMG_3294.JPGIMG_3296.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here are some pics inside the TB if they help IMG_3298.JPGIMG_3299.JPGIMG_3300.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

racerx20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same issue with the filter popping up and not sealing. Called Moe's and he told me to raise the Vararam seal to be parallel to the cowl seal that runs across the backside of the engine compartment. Having it to low causes the base to twist and pop the filter out of the channel.

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Mine lays uneven because of the a/c hose on the passenger side of the engine bay. It's very odd. Guess I should check my tb to see how dirty it is.....and I don't have a catch can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk