Walmart DEF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
You guys sure it's OK to use? I just don't trust anything I get from that hellhole

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It is the same stuff no matter who makes it, universal formula. Just get the cheapest u can find.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i trust blue def that is truck drivers buy at Love's travel stop. its all bull **** anyway lol

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Just check your dates and you will be fine.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dates and temperature!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Find a fuel station that has DEF pumps. Like others have said DEF is DEF, it has to adhere to specific purity standards.
http://www.discoverdef.com
I think I paid $2.39/gal last fill up at a Speedway.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is the same stuff no matter who makes it, universal formula. Just get the cheapest u can find.

I've heard many rumors that alot of the oil product sold by walmart are not actually the same as what you get from other stores, that they are produde by the same manufacturer and sold under a license agreement to the brand name.... I'm skeptical of this rumor but still not a unheard of practice in the manufacturing / retail world

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I've heard many rumors that alot of the oil product sold by walmart are not actually the same as what you get from other stores, that they are produde by the same manufacturer and sold under a license agreement to the brand name.... I'm skeptical of this rumor but still not a unheard of practice in the manufacturing / retail world

That's all it is, a rumor - not true.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
That's all it is, a rumor - not true.

I've heard on many accounts it's oil that has failed QC at other plants.

Which I believe make sense. Wal-mart sells all other stuff that doesn't pass QC at manufactures. They buy those in bulk.

After years of hearing this I have a personal experience.

For Christmas, my mother in law purchased a swing set from Wal-Mart. It was the metal with 4 swings.

As I was putting it together, none of the holes matched up where they should be in relation to position. It came with a paper that said do not return at the store, call this number.

When I called the number the person asked if I purchased it at Wal-mart, and I said yes. They told me that is was due to failing QC at their plant and if I wanted to return, I'd have to pay shipping. I instead just drilled new holes and made it work. That wasn't the only thing I've purchased from there that had issues.

I don't know.. we don't shop there anymore. Their meat dept sucks, meat is gray and taste like crap. We just stopped going there, unless we feel down.. the people of walmar can bring you up! :roflsquared:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If you really want to you can find out about the walmart oil with a UOA.

But Def is nothing read, it is two items with a standard % in the formulation, it certainly has nothing yo do with oil. If Walmart DEF was no good, the EPA would have already killed their children and imprisoned them for all future generations or something close to that. Anything you shoot into your exhaust pipe would be a useless thing as far as any type or anything to do with performance in the truck.

U wanna hear some real funny ****, DEF is actually water and ****, lol.

Def Is Diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) is an aqueous urea solution made with 32.5% urea and 67.5% deionized water.

Urea serves an important role in the metabolism of nitrogen-containing compounds by animals and is the main nitrogen-containing substance in the ***** of mammals. What do you guys wanna do find some animal **** and water and add a cool additive that it will have more value? Cmon guys, the fkin gov't actually has us dummies putting animal **** in our trucks for smog reasons, lol.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you really want to you can find out about the walmart oil with a UOA.

But Def is nothing read, it is two items with a standard % in the formulation, it certainly has nothing yo do with oil. If Walmart DEF was no good, the EPA would have already killed their children and imprisoned them for all future generations or something close to that. Anything you shoot into your exhaust pipe would be a useless thing as far as any type or anything to do with performance in the truck.

U wanna hear some real funny ****, DEF is actually water and ****, lol.

Def Is Diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) is an aqueous urea solution made with 32.5% urea and 67.5% deionized water.

Urea serves an important role in the metabolism of nitrogen-containing compounds by animals and is the main nitrogen-containing substance in the ***** of mammals. What do you guys wanna do find some animal **** and water and add a cool additive that it will have more value? Cmon guys, the fkin gov't actually has us dummies putting animal **** in our trucks for smog reasons, lol.

This is true, the other funny thing is we use Urea for fertilizer on many crops too lol....

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Which I believe make sense. Wal-mart sells all other stuff that doesn't pass QC at manufactures. They buy those in bulk.

For Christmas, my mother in law purchased a swing set from Wal-Mart. It was the metal with 4 swings.

As I was putting it together, none of the holes matched up where they should be in relation to position. It came with a paper that said do not return at the store, call this number.

When I called the number the person asked if I purchased it at Wal-mart, and I said yes. They told me that is was due to failing QC at their plant and if I wanted to return, I'd have to pay shipping. I instead just drilled new holes and made it work. That wasn't the only thing I've purchased from there that had issues.

I don't know.. we don't shop there anymore. Their meat dept sucks, meat is gray and taste like crap. We just stopped going there, unless we feel down.. the people of walmar can bring you up! :roflsquared:

when i was in the military, the exchange had "gray" meat. i was told it was because it skipped the process of having blood pumped back into the butchered, meat. want rotten and tasted fine. no idea if this is the case at wal-mart.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins

That is a stretch to compare some no-name swing set to oil quality.

The issue with buying DEF or oil at Walmart is checking the seal before you put it in your cart. True or not, I've read a lot of post of people claiming the DEF jug was just water and the oil was used.

And since we are on the subject of Wally world, the latest scam is the cashier will hit a button for cash back to you but not give you the cash. Before leaving the checkout, read your receipt if paying by credit/debit card. The cashier will claim equipment failure or accident if caught so be sure to bring in management if it happens to you.

Last edited:

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You folks with your Walmart conspiracy theories are funny. There is absolutely no way a major oil manufacturer would allow a product that didn't meet their standards be bottled and labeled with their name on it and sold at Walmart. At the very least they'd label it in a way that identified it as inferior and they wouldn't allow it to be sold full price.