Weird situation Royal Purple / Amsoil AE filters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thumperpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great service

I got the same email I don't see a reason to post my pics but they are the same pics R.L.K. Shared but here's the email. I personally think that's how a company should operate so kudos to RP top notch company.

Hi Rob,

Yesterday afternoon we here in the technical support department cut open a new Royal Purple part #10-48 oil filter ourselves so that we could show you the anti-drain back valve(ADBV) correct orientation and the shape and location of the ADBV sealing surface, which are not visible when the oil filter is assembled and viewed from the outside. The attached photos above show Royal Purple oil filter part #10-48 in various images after it was cut open, these images are described and numbered as follows;

The first image(labeled image 2), shows RP oil filter base plate with ADBV correctly oriented, as viewed from the outside.

The second image(labeled image 1), shows the RP oil filter can and media assembly with the base plate removed and the ADBV installed and correctly oriented, as viewed from the side.

The third image(labeled image 3), shows RP oil filter base plate alone without the ADBV, showing the base plate contours and telltale ring at the contour peak which is the actual sealing surface of the ADBV as viewed from the inside.

The fourth image(labeled image 4), now shows base plate with ADBV installed and correctly oriented, with outer diameter of the ADBV pressing against the sealing surface which is obviously well away from the area with the small inlet holes(small inlet holes are obscured from view by ADBV), as viewed from the inside.

The fifth image(labeled image 5), shows what the base plate would look like with ADBV obviously incorrectly oriented(upside down). This shows that the inside diameter of the ADBV would have rather obvious huge gaps from the center fitting structure, (small inlet holes also obscured by ADBV), as viewed from the inside.

The sixth image (labeled image 6), shows the base plate with ADBV incorrectly oriented(upside down). Look at the inside diameter of the ADBV which shows the obvious huge gaps from the center fitting structure as seen through the small inlet holes, as viewed from the outside.

Conclusion:

All photos of the Royal Purple oil filter part #10-48 that you have provided to us thus far, have without exception shown the ADBV to be oriented and installed correctly. Therefore there is no cause for concern or reason to return these correctly assembled oil filters. The ADBV shape itself, actually makes it pretty much impossible to install it upside down.

Thank you for choosing Royal Purple, and have a great day!