Weird Symptoms During Load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geico

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi with 150,000 miles. Im pretty sure I have a bad lifter and its eating the cam, but I'm getting weird symptoms that make no sense and I need some expert advice.

1. The tire pressure light comes on for 3-5 seconds right after starting up a hill with the cruise on and the engine misfires. Its running a little rough now and then under load which is a symptom of a bad lifter.

2. When I fill the truck with fuel the roughness is less pronounced and the tire light doesn't come on as often. I ran it up and down the same road after filling it up and it runs noticeably better and the tire light came on twice rather than 12 times.

I took the truck to a good tire shop and they scanned the sensors. They are all working fine, battery levels are good, and they all are "reporting" normal.

Any ideas as to why in the hell the tire light is coming on? Is it some how connected to the PCM?

New guy here.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Have you checked your tire pressure or are you going by the EVIC ?

OP
OP
G

Geico

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check tire pressure, no issues at all.

OP
OP
G

Geico

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did they scan them when the tire light was on? It could be intermittent.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Good question, no. Only when the truck was on the rack having snow tires put on.