What do you guys think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a full borla exhaust on my 2005 hemi and it was almost 900ish for everything. I was wanting to go borla again for my new 2016 Ram but from my understanding the factory exhaust is stainless. I loved the borla cause it was loud when I wanted it to be and quiet with no drone when I wanted it to be. The same borla exhaust that I had for the 05 for the 16 is 1300 dollars. So this leads me to this idea and wondering what you guys think and if anyone is running this or not. My only concern is I don't want a bunch of drone. Here is what I have in mind. What are you thoughts and advice. I think I want the 14"

BoeschBuilt 14" 09-16 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Dual Retrofit Exhaust-Aggressive Sound | eBay

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those look similar to the mufflex setups.

OP
OP
H3MI UP

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Never mind just looked it up. They do look the same

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Never heard them before. I put a flowmaster 2 chamber on mine. It wa way too loud for me. Then I put a flowmaster 50 series hd on it. It was better,but still a little drone. Now I have a magnaflow 18in. It's the muffler that the 18 mufflex kit uses. Very little drone and it still sounds good .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 14 inch will probably be pretty loud. Everyone has a different ear for drone. What doesn't sound like much to me. Might be a lot to someone else.

Thewetdream

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I welded the borla stainless on my express hemi 2015....quiet when your not on it but comes to life.....it was cheap and totally satisfied.....local driving get a more mds drone but I normally shut it most off around town........first and last post using a Samsung garbage tablet lol

BigTex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running the Mufflex DODM80 (Muffler Delete) with my 8 speed 2014 express. I have little to no drone on the highway and in the city. Its not super loud on the truck but from what I am told it is pretty loud outside. I'm also used to driving straight piped build LS cars as a daily. Just my $.02

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) I'm running the Flowmaster SUPER 10 and by leaving the factory dual/w resonators---

It's LOUD/rap/burble, when you goose it, but no drone/quiet at cruise-

Cost me $150 bucks-

Whatever

:crazy: JIMBO

OP
OP
H3MI UP

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like the idea of being able to bolt it on with no cutting or welding. Reason being if I don't like it I can switch it out and return to stock

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought the muffler. Unbolted the factory one. Lay them next to each other and added a 3in pipe to the magnaflow to make it same length as factory muffler. Welded the pipe to the muffler. Then put it on the truck . Aligned the tailpipes and clamped it on with muffler clamps. I can take it off in ten minutes if I decide I want it quiet again. Only cost me 100$

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The kit you were looking at used a magnaflow muffler. Just buy a muffler , a piece of 3 in pipe and some clamps. Save yourself at least 100$ that way. Don't even have to jack it up with that lift on it!

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like my 14" muffler.
Fairly quiet until you get on it. Apparently I can be heard blocks away haha

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
That is a Magnadrone muffler if you research you will find plenty of complaints of droning, I have used Magnadrones on a couple of cars over the years and they drone so bad you are almost a zombie after driving a 100 miles. Look at a Gibson exhaust they are full stainless steel (not top of the line stainless they will get a little surface rust), they sound great, never drone and cost 1/2 what Borla cost.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Had MagnaFlows and my last 2 chevys with no drone and they sound way better then a flowmaster To Me.
Mine will be getting a MagnaFlow this spring.