What Tuner Actually Works?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I already tried buying the Edge CTS2 Evolution and it wasn't programmed for 2014 5.7 so I sent it back. I badly need to get the speedo calibrated, I just looked at Hypertech and the site says it won't work on a '14 5.7 either. So what freaking tuner that calibrates actually works with a 2014 5.7 Express 4x4 with the 8-speed trans?

I'm starting to get frustrated since I wanted to buy the hypertech since it's cheap and would calibrate. I'm not wanting to spend a ton of money since I got the lift, tires, rims, flares, and truck in the past 2 months...I also have a buttload of "real life" expenses like the dreaded income and property tax to pay for in the next 4 weeks.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So I already tried buying the Edge CTS2 Evolution and it wasn't programmed for 2014 5.7 so I sent it back. I badly need to get the speedo calibrated, I just looked at Hypertech and the site says it won't work on a '14 5.7 either. So what freaking tuner that calibrates actually works with a 2014 5.7 Express 4x4 with the 8-speed trans?

I'm starting to get frustrated since I wanted to buy the hypertech since it's cheap and would calibrate. I'm not wanting to spend a ton of money since I got the lift, tires, rims, flares, and truck in the past 2 months...I also have a buttload of "real life" expenses like the dreaded income and property tax to pay for in the next 4 weeks.

diablo intune would be the best

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Diablo i2 w/ Hemifever custom tune is your best bang for buck. This tuner will correct your speedometer, and the custom tuning is good for up to 30-35hp/tq to the wheels. This tuner is $469.

DiabloSport i2 DCX tuner for 2003-2014 Dodge Vehicles

Next best option would be the Superchips F5 Flashpaq tuner. This one is a little cheaper at $369.95, but is not custmo tuneable. It is good for about 20hp/tq to the wheels and will also allow you to correct your speedometer for the larger tires.

Superchips Flashpaq F5 1998-2014 Dodge Ram Tuner

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Diablo hands down. Hypertech sucks. Or if you didn't want a programmer for anything other than fixing your speedometer you could take it to a dealership and they can recalibrate it.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Diablo hands down. Hypertech sucks. Or if you didn't want a programmer for anything other than fixing your speedometer you could take it to a dealership and they can recalibrate it.

The dealership said they calibrated it already...definitely still off. When I'm going "35" in a 35 zone I'm passing people like crazy. I really only want the calibration and it appears the hypertech calibrated only will work. Since that's $200+ cheaper than a tuner...probably the route I'll go.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Download an app on your phone that'll tell you speed. They are pretty accurate because they go off of gps. That'll tell you how far off you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Download an app on your phone that'll tell you speed. They are pretty accurate because they go off of gps. That'll tell you how far off you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I downloaded a free one and it showed I was only 1mph off. I guess I find it kinda surprising but believable. I have been driving 5mph under the speed limit everywhere thinking I was 4-6mph off. I do live in an area where people drive REALLY slow, so I guess I'll trust the dealership, the app, and my opinion and just drive the actual speed limit now.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
My vote for Diablo as well. It'll bring back that power you lost with the tires!

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The dealership said they calibrated it already...definitely still off. When I'm going "35" in a 35 zone I'm passing people like crazy. I really only want the calibration and it appears the hypertech calibrated only will work. Since that's $200+ cheaper than a tuner...probably the route I'll go.

How did they calibrate it? Did they get the revolutions per mile for that specific tire? I emailed the tire company and got the numbers from them specifically for that tire.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did they calibrate it? Did they get the revolutions per mile for that specific tire? I emailed the tire company and got the numbers from them specifically for that tire.

No clue, I didn't ask. They just told me they had done it and that it should be close or dead on.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No clue, I didn't ask. They just told me they had done it and that it should be close or dead on.

That sounds odd unless they found the revolutions per mile but then it would be dead on. Both of my trucks I had that done to were right on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
austmurr