What Tuner/Programmer to use!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CajunRam16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm working with my 2016 Dodge Ram 1500, Recently added a 6" suspension lift and 37's, following my CAI and cat-back exhaust. My next step performance wise is a tuner/programmer, but I don't know which one to use to get the most gains! My future mods include a bigger throttle body, throttle body spacer, and headers. Debating changing exhaust. Right now I'm running Flowmaster American Thunder series. Any ideas for a better performing exhaust are welcome!

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I suggest the Diablo I2. It is $100 cheaper than the Diablo Trinity & can tune multiple vehicles where as the Trinity cant. Being a 2016 you will need an unlocked pcm from Diablo. They are offering the pcm exchange now so its a cheaper option than having to buy another pcm.

I highly recommend getting a custom tune from Jay Greene. His tune really woke the truck up over the Diablo canned tune & he has great customer service.

As far as exhaust alot of people have been swapping over to Carven exhaust. I have the 14" Mufflex Magnaflow & think it sounds good.

OP
OP
C

CajunRam16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, thanks Gary! I'll check it out! Any advice or reccomendations on throttle body swaps

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I got a smoking deal on an i2 and would recommend that product. Luckily my '14 didn't need the unlocked PCM.
I've also done the S&B intake and the Carven Progressive. I don't know how much louder the Carven Competitor is, but the Progressive is borderline too loud for my neighborhood, so i'm glad i went with the "quieter" one.
The tuner was almost a necessity after doing the Carven because the MDS makes all sorts of weird sounds when it kicks in (common complaint), so i was able to turn it off with the canned tunes.
I've heard good things about the Moe's TB, and have it on my list. From there, it will be a toss up if i go with LT Headers or not. The last thing will be a custom tune. I want some performance, but don't want to go to the trouble of a fan delete, changing pulleys or any of that work.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
X3 on the Diablosport programmers and a custom tune.

As far as the TB swap, I wouldn't worry about doing one unless you also plan to upgrade the cam and lifters, then add headers. For now, the stock TB flows just fine for a stock upper end.

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey, thanks Gary! I'll check it out! Any advice or reccomendations on throttle body swaps

Yes a Moe's 87mm ported throttle body. I'm currently running one I picked up from Gary's hemi and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk