Who does your oil changes and tune ups?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
My dealer gives me 19.99 oil changes, so I always go there. When my warranty is up and I can change my oil less, I will change it myself with synthetic. As far as tune up, because of the Hemi and the 16 plugs I might use a mechanic that will allow me to watch. If this is a problem, I guess I will go to the dealer but it is like 800 bones.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see a few people mentioning warranty. In all my years of vehicles I've only ever had the first one done at a dealer once. And I've never had an issue with factory warranty. In fact, I've never even been asked for records.

I do my own. It's simple on a truck since I can crawl under there without a lift or anything and I had problems in the past with oil change places.

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hometown: Tacoma, WA Stationed: Alamogordo NM
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I usually do everything myself but I took the truck in at 30k for the tranny, transfer case, and both diff servicing because I didn't feel like doing them myself for the first time. But from here on I will be doing all of my own servicing as it's not really that hard to do.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dealership for two reasons.

1. I prefer putting Mopar parts and fluids into my truck

2. It costs a few dollars more for them to do it but getting rid of oil is a PIA!

I've have always done it myself but have started going to the dealership since the recent purchase of the Jeep and the Ram. I know no one will be as careful as me. That's why I pop the hood and give it the once over before I leave.

Last edited:

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Our local recycle depot takes the usual paper/cardboard/glass/plastic AND car batteries, paint, oil and antifreeze. Because I have kids and we get junk mail I have to go every 2 weeks anyway.
I suppose if you're happy with MOPAR parts and you trust guys who don't care about your truck (hey- its not theirs, right?), that's cool.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess we all have to at some point put our trust into someone else to work on our trucks. I'm sure not everyone here is a mechanic or can do all their own repairs or service. The dealership I go to has been very good to me and my family for over 15 years. I don't feel that I am making a bad choice by using MOPAR parts or having a certified Dodge dealership do my service. IMO...If you can't at the very least trust MOPAR oil and filters then why buy a Dodge in the first place!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Well mine surely isn’t because I can't LOL...but I have good trust in my dealer, and in 14 months have had one change.
I don't think we'd all agree on how it done or where, just as long as we all do regular maintenance, we should have our Ram's going for a long time :D

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMO...If you can't at the very least trust MOPAR oil and filters then why buy a Dodge in the first place!

That's a very open-ended question prone to opinions. If Toyota or Nissan made a real half ton truck at a reasonable price I wouldn't have even considered a domestic.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I know many that have Titans, IMHO the Ram outshines it, hands down.