Who is running exhaust headers??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Who has installed aftermarket headers on their Hemi Ram?

I've already noticed the stock manifolds on my Ram leaking a little when the engine is cold; pretty common issue I know.
If I'm going to tear into them to fix them I would rather replace them with free flowing headers.

I would expect better mileage at cruise; but what results do you guys see?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
You can never go wrong with a set of headers over the log style oem header, especially with the very common broken bolts and warped flange issues. Shorties are a good replacement if you're on a budget but if you can spring for it then long tubes are the best way to go. ARH, Stainless Works, and Kooks are your best brands with the best fit, JBAs have had plenty of fit issues on the new trucks, and OBX are ok if you're on a budget.

zinzara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just had Stainless Works Headers and Dual Exhaust put on. Big difference in performance. I do almost all city driving so I can't speak to highway mileage but I noticed very slightly better averages on my city mileage (and that's also after turning off MDS and a 91 tune on my DS). I can add another post after I take a long trip for Christmas to let you know what I got for highway mileage. And they sound amazing! There's a good video of the sound difference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib7r7BSkzxQ

As far as I know, there were no issues with install and I see no modifications so it seems to have fit together great. I would have done it myself but just don't have anywhere to do it. It's supposed to be a direct fit if you get the factory fit option. Or you can get both headers and exhaust and get the performance fit so they fit together perfectly.

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I love my arh headers. Sounds mean with a 14" maggie. Loud but mean. Definitely felt a jump in power. I only have after dyno numbers

BlakDak71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just went with JBA long tubes and it made a huge difference, especially with a tune from Flyin' Ryan Performance. Well worth it. I had to dent one of the primaries on the driver's side to clear the steering shaft, but no problems otherwise.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also have JBA's they fit like **** but do the job. :)

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
How do the arh's fit? I absolutely do not want a cat back system so I was thinking of running their lth setup with y pipe bolted straight to my factory catback if that's possible. I want all the low to mid range I can get since I use my truck to pull horse trailers.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running the full Stainless Works performance setup and love it. Has a nice performance vehicle sound to it. Can't wait to cam it and getting sounding better!

OP
OP
Dr. Righteous

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm running the full Stainless Works performance setup and love it. Has a nice performance vehicle sound to it. Can't wait to cam it and getting sounding better!

Yeah, I'm more of an "old school" hot rodder. I build big block Dodge and Plymouths in the old days. The sound of a high compression engine with a lopey cam, with headers is hard to beat. It is a mechanical music. You get a "ping" sound from the headers and powerful exhaust pulses from the exhaust.
Last car I built was a '69 Coronet with a 10:1 CR 383. Had a .488 lift cam. The car sounded so sweet at idle I would go out to the garage and crank it up just to listen to it. Man, those were the good old days. :happy107: