why is there so little performance parts 6.4 hemi?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gearheaddgd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
as the title says why is there so little performance parts for our 6.4 hemis i see a lot for the car version but not for the pick ups?

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The pick up version is a relatively new motor, and realistically the market isn't there yet. The aftermarket is always slow, but even more so with that motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlkZrx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 SLT Std. cab
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Probably because most guys that buy HD pickups use them as working vehicles, not hotrods..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J321AZ using Tapatalk

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Probably because most guys that buy HD pickups use them as working vehicles, not hotrods..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J321AZ using Tapatalk

That's pretty much it.

But still, there are enough parts out there now to cover most needs. Full length headers, cat-back, converter, tuners, throttle body, gears and CAI's are all available off the shelf now. I know Modern Muscle can make a custom cam for the 6.4. Whipple is supposed to be releasing the 6.4 HD Ram kit within the next month or so.

I can tell you what works best, but really depends on your budget and goals.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
BTW, you have 6.5 Hemi listed in your profile OP. That might explain why you're having a hard time finding parts:)

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The aftermarket is starting to catch up but I don't think you'll see as many 6.4L specific parts available as there are 5.7L parts. They've just build a lot more 5.7's and that's where the money is based on the large number of units built.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
As mentioned there are stuff out there. If you want to compete with the SRT 6.4, you'll need a custom cam, converter, headers and a tune. That'll get a ton of power. Believe theviking put down 365 hp which is about 50-60 more than stock to the tires. Significant power increase but also is a good chunk of money