Your Real World Supercharged Experience 2014+ Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerzyvr4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys just got a ram, looking to maybe boost it by the end of the year. mainly looking into Procharger, Whipple. Turbo is a possibility but that all depends on what my quote is from a fabricator or this mothers performance turbo kit.

please do not tell me what you think is best for what reason unless you own on it a ram i need real world experience!!! Money isn't an issue either. I already have a d1sc in my challenger and a whipple in the Srt jeep.

These 2 people have had shifting "issues" with the procharger shifting very slow. could be due to the procharger/tune? or not could just be the truck. would really like a smooth operating trans while flooring it especially. The Ram is just a lease so engine durability is not a concern longevity for me. i will be doing some investigating on the power train warranty especially for whipple seeing as they have major torque down low. if you have any experience with that please chime in. honestly im leaning towards whipple due to i love the sound. its defiantly more quiet when your just cruising around. would be nice to have 1 vehicle that is quiet LOL. Also if anyone has run into catastrophic failure from the engine to the axles please chime in.

Any R/T 8 speed shifting issues with Procharger - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

https://youtu.be/VfYSt5R5Z1c @ 7:30(time stamp)

theres defiantly 2 people experiencing it with the procharger kit. is anyone getting this with a procharger or a whipple or from a roots blower?

Thank you for your time!

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only issue I've heard/read/seen is 8 speed equipped trucks (with the Procharger kit) The trans has shorter gears so it searches a bit more with the extra power. A simple trans tune will most likely remedy it though. There have been no adverse issues on the 8 speed though with the extra power, she can handle it.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im in the process of installing my d1sc in my 2016 sport, will report back

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Superchargers are very non invasive to install. IF the truck never sees the dealers lot, and you have issues, within 8 hours it'll be back to stock. Now, if your not doing it yourself, that could be an issue.