Yukon diff gears?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
IMO
If they cant explain why then they have no reasoning.

Redline gear oil is ester based. Its amazing stuff.

If it matters, I can vouch for jimbox experience with changing gears in his wrangler. I have never heard of not running synthetic gear oil in differentials. Doesn't mean you should discount the other posts. I do know Ram trucks come from the factory with sun diff fluid. BTW, what gear ratio are you running and what are you changing to ?

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Iv done some reading after the post about oil. Seem that some require it and others dont. I appreciate the info.

As fare as yukon gears. It all comes down to whether my driveline mechanic will warranty his work when installing that brand. He has excellent warranties so im going to do whatever he says.

May end up going to 4.56’s now.

Last edited:

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yukon gears are ok but the Locking Diff is not strong at all. Bought one and installed it in my 2015 and broke it in less than 2000 mi. Stock truck maybe ok but if you are planning any mods you will waste your money. Shattered the spider gears. Made some mods and was able to use the Detroit truetrac and added some 4:10 gears... way better now. No problems even when chirping 2nd and 3rd gears in drive.

The duragrip probably no better than the stock LSD as its also a clutch based system the ZF 9.25

did you drill the ZF ring gear or the C9.25 trutrac, or were your 410s for the C9.25 to match the truetrac and you replaced axle shafts? Were the shafts the same length for both sides?

SRR007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The duragrip probably no better than the stock LSD as its also a clutch based system the ZF 9.25

did you drill the ZF ring gear or the C9.25 trutrac, or were your 410s for the C9.25 to match the truetrac and you replaced axle shafts? Were the shafts the same length for both sides?

The 4:10 gears that I got were drilled for both old and new diff types. Made it that much easier.

CJK440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've setup Yukon gears in vintage mopars that saw the track. A big plus is that they are very forgiving when it comes to patterning vs. say Richmonds.

But if you are paying a shop, just follow his instructions.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have went through three sets of G2 gears in my 2009. I am having Yukon 4.56 gears installed on Monday. Do you guys have any tips for my installer? Any quirks to the install or is it pretty straightforward? Also what is proper break-in?

Truck is 2009 Ram 1500 4wd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro