***Terra Grapplers Are On; Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
30k they cup no matter how much ya rotate these. They do ride great though compaired to the stock goodyears hp's that came on the the 20s. They are a soft compound also.

Boo Radley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 5.9
30k they cup no matter how much ya rotate these. They do ride great though compaired to the stock goodyears hp's that came on the the 20s. They are a soft compound also.

a tire does not cup on its own. cupping is almost always caused by a worn hub and sometimes a worn ball joint or both. depending on how bad the part is warn it can take the tire thousands of miles to cup.
we see people at the dealership ******** about never wanting a certain brand of tire because it cupped on them. not the tire and any tire will cup over time if the hub is worn no matter what tire it is.
everybody thinks a cupping tire is a bad tire i always thought so to until i started working at a dealership.

Last edited:

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I will say my peice with ask anyone with the Nitto Terras for more then a year what they think of them after 30-40k... sometimes less and my frontend has been checked every oil change by me or my bro in law.

Boo Radley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 5.9
i cant say about how long that tire lasts cause i never had them but i never heard a customer of ours say a bad thing about them. if i get 30-40k out of a set of all terrains i'm happy.

but this is strait from our service manual

Cups or scalloping appearing around the edge of the tread almost always indicate worn or damaged suspension parts. Adjustment of wheel alignment alone will seldom cure the problem. Any worn component that connects the wheel to the car can cause this condition. Worn components should be replaced with new ones. The worn tire should be balanced and moved to a different location on the car if the damage is not severe.

im not going to dispute that yours cupped despite your front end parts being in perfect shape although a ram with perfect front end components is a rarity. these front end parts are cheap these days and not being greasable is just stupid if you ask me but im just stating what i was taught and what i have seen working at a dodge dealership for two and a half years.

Last edited:

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I agree with the lack of being able to service the fronts, I guess Dodge is to cheap to make an older setup with a fitting. Good info posted.

Boo Radley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 5.9
yeah im never gonna post the name of the place i work at because i see crap all the time and have a big mouth. i love when i go to open a tie rod end box at work and see made in china on a white sticker on it.

4XLGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
ask anyone with the Nitto Terras for more then a year what they think of them after 30-40k..

Weird...that's the total opposite of what I heard when I asked before I bought mine. The top 3 things people mentioned at the onset was the good ride, low noise and high mileage. Everybody said they loved them, and a lot of them had high mileage at over 40k, and some more than 60k.

Hopefully mine will be issue-free.

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't had any issues with the goodyears. Hopefully I won't with the Nitto's either..